Post 9/11 and Active Duty GI Bills (Chapters 33 & 30)

How to apply for GI Bill benefits and register at Weber State University:

Step 1

Apply for your Active Duty GI Bill by filling out an application, and send it to the Veterans Affairs Administration.  This can be accomplished in three ways:

  1. Complete the application online.  Once you have received your certificate of eligibility from the VA, bring it into our office so that we can begin the certification process.
  2. Print the application and bring it to our office.
  3. Pick up the application at our office during normal business hours.

Step 2

Apply for admission to Weber State University.

Step 3

Provide our office with the most recent copy of your DD-214 (Military Discharge Orders), or an LES (Leave & Earnings Statement) if you are still on active duty.

Step 4

Supply our office with a copy of your class schedule.  This will need to be done each and every semester that you want to use your GI Bill.