The Veteran's Services staff at Weber State University are honored to assist military members and entitled family members in using  their educational benefits. We help students through the process of eligibility, admissions, registration, and paying for their education. We provide information and referral to military resources.


  • Get into Weber
  • Learn how to use your benefits
  • Get help with your schedule
  • Get your questions answered

» Talk to an Advisor


Veteran Students Join Us For WSU Ski Day at Snowbasin

Saturday, January 24

Here is how it works:

  1. Stop by the Outdoor Program (Annex 9, 4022 Stadium way), The Wildcat Center Campus Recreation Office, or Union Building Info Desk, and purchase your WSU Ski Day at Snowbasin lift tickets. Tickets are $55. You must have a valid W# to purchase, but you are welcome to purchase as many tickets for family as you would like.
  2. Add a ski or Snowboard rental package for just $10. Stop by or call (801-625-6373) the Outdoor Program and reserve your rental package as soon as possible to insure availability. (Code words: "WSU Ski Day at Snowbasin")
  3. Hit first chair at Snowbasin bright and early at 9 a.m. on Saturday January 24, 2015. Don't be late if you want fresh tracks.
  4. Need a ride? Students, Faculty and Staff, jump on the Free Ski Bus. Seats are limited and are first come first serve. Bus will pick passengers at University Village community center at 7:45 a.m. and will pick up passengers from Wasatch Hall at 8 a.m. Passengers will be dropped off at Snowbasin at approximately 9 a.m. and will return to Snowbasin to pick passengers up at 4:30 p.m.

For additional information check out our website or contact the Outdoor Program: 801-626-6373 |

Those who can no longer receive both VA Monies and Tuition Assistance:

The department of defense (DOD) will no longer authorize Tuition Assistance for classes for which the member is also receiving benefits under:

  • The Montgomery GI bill selected reserve program (chapter 1606 of title 10)
  • The Reserve Educational Assistance Program (chapter 1607 of title 10)

Those who can continue to receive both VA Monies and Tuition Assistance:

Or any other GI bill program other than

  • The Montgomery GI bill-active duty program (chapter 30 of title 38)
  • The Post 9/11 Bill program (chapter 33 of title 38)

This applies to any individuals who have or will enroll for spring semester. If you have already enrolled for Spring 2015 and have been processed for Tuition Assistance and 1606 or 1607, you must contact the WSU Veterans Services office at: 801-920-6382 and come into our office IMMEDIATELY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A HUGE OVERPAYMENT AND DEBT TO YOU, THE STUDENT

You can now register for Spring 2015 classes. If you are unable to do so, it is because you have not been coded as a veteran/military. Please contact our office at 801-626-6039.

Wasatch Distributing Veteran Support Scholarship

The scholarship recipient must have a 2.5 or higher GPA and be a child or spouse of a military service member who was disabled or deceased while serving on active duty. May be enrolled full or part-time.

Fry Scholarship

As of January 1, 2015 for surviving spouses and children of Service Members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001.

  • 36 months of full benefits, equal to 100% level of the Post-0/11 GI Bill which includes tuition and fee payment, a monthly stipend for books and supplies.
  • Training must start on or after January 1, 2015
  • A spouse has 15 years from the date of the Service Member's death to utilize benefits. If a spouse remarries, benefits end the date of the marriage.

Credit For Military Service and Training
Any member of the military wishing to receive credit for military service or training must contact the Admissions office. Credits for training will be reviewed and the Admissions office. If you have any questions regarding this process that seem unclear, please contact the Weber State Veteran Services office at 801-626-6039 or 6042.

If you are a veteran or military member, you can register each semester with senior status. Check with WSU veteran services to make sure you are coded as such. Also, prior to the beginning of each semester, you must provide our office with a copy of your Cat Tracks so we will know how many hours to certify you for. Each time VA sends you a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility listing the amount of months/days remaining entitlement you have. These steps will help speed up the process for you to receive your entitlements.

During your successful pursuit of education here at Weber State, MAKE NO CHANGES to your schedule unless you have contacted our office. Changes in your schedule will result in a debt to you either from the University or the Department of Veteran Affairs regional office.

Have you exhasted your Post 9-11 benefits?
If you are a senior and have exhausted your chapter 33 benefits, we can help with your tuition and fees. Contact Veteran Services at 801-626-6039

Hiring Work Study Students
Veteran Services is looking for work study students this summer and fall. Please contact us at 801-626-6039 for application instructions. You must be attending at least 3/4 time each semester.

Student Veterans of America
Student Services would like to expand our Student Veterans of America Chapter. If you interested in getting involved, contact our new Veteran Senator, Kyle Poppitz at

Having trouble navigating the VA medical system or do you need counseling?

Dr. Aaron Ahern
Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Ogden-Davis Campuses

» Get The PTSD APP

Crisis Line

Veterans Crisis Line

The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline and online chat.

Contact & Hours

Ogden Campus

1352 Village Dr DEPT 4701
Ogden, Utah 84408-4701


M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Davis Campus

Bldg D2, Room 255

Davis Spring 2015 Hours

M & T: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Contact the State of Utah Veterans Office

Join Us On