Assist low income students to (1) successfully graduate from high school, (2) prepare to enter and succeed in postsecondary education, and (3) receive information about and assistance in paying for college through the objectives of increased academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education, high school graduation, and enrollment in postsecondary education; GEAR UP students and their families knowledge of postsecondary education options, preparation and financing and student's success in their first year of attendance at an institution of higher education.
Turn in printed application to your school’s counseling center, or contact our office
We start working with students in junior high, guiding them through the early years of college preparation.
State GEAR UP Programs:
- Ensure students have access to people and information they need to graduate high school and continue to college
- Provide access to financial aid resources.
- Teach valuable study skills.
- Provide Mentoring opportunities.
- The GEAR UP STEM Event made headlines as it was featured within the Standard Examiner! Check out the full article at http://www.standard.net/
stories/2013/02/13/women- minorities-encouraged-pursue- jobs-stem-fields#.UR1mtfZ-Oc0.