GEAR UP is a federally funded program designed to help students succeed in high school and successfully achieve a college graduation. The program is offered free of charge to eligible students at Clearfield, Layton, Mountain, and Roy High Schools. Student and family services include academic achievement support, financial aid awareness and assistance, college campus visits, application support, ACT preparation, FAFSA completion assistance, etc.
GEAR UP can:
- Provide one-on-one assistance to help students plan and prepare for college
- Enable access to academic coaching to support students' success
- Support students and families in discovering options for post-secondary education
- Help navigate college application and enrollment processes
- Assist students and families to identify and obtain financial aid
It's SURVEY time!
All surveys completed by February 28, 2017 will be entered to win a $25 gift card. The winning student and parent will be drawn the first week of March and notified by telephone.
Take SURVEY HERE if you are a PARENT!
Take SURVEY HERE if you are a STUDENT!
University of Utah Campus Visit - December 14, 2016
Utah State University Campus Visit - January 26, 2017
Weber State Major Fest & Davis Campus Visit - March 1, 2017
State GEAR UP News
State GEAR UP participant, Jesus Garcia, recognized! Read all about it in the Davis Clipper article.
Visit our State GEAR UP Facebook page!
WSU Davis Campus
2750 N. University Park Blvd.
Layton, Utah 84041-0152
Campus Mail Code: 0152
Building D2 Suite 308
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Direct Individualized, Academic Services
- Tutoring and Mentoring
- Summer Programs
- School Clubs/Study Clubs
- Family Support
- Test Preparation
- College Visits
- College/Career Chats
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) Workshops
- First Year in College Support
- College Preparedness Workshops
- Parent/Student Meetings