GEAR UP is a federally funded program designed to help students succeed in high school and successfully achieve a college graduation. The program is offered free of charge to eligible students at Clearfield, Layton, Mountain, and Roy High Schools. Student and family services include academic achievement support, financial aid awareness and assistance, college campus visits, application support, ACT preparation, FAFSA completion assistance, etc.
GEAR UP can:
- Provide one-on-one assistance to help students plan and prepare for college
- Enable access to academic coaching to support students' success
- Support students and families in discovering options for post-secondary education
- Help navigate college application and enrollment processes
- Assist students and families to identify and obtain financial aid
State GEAR UP News
Visit our State GEAR UP Facebook page!
WSU Davis Campus
2750 N. University Park Blvd.
Layton, Utah 84041-0152
Campus Mail Code: 0152
Building D2 Suite 308
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Direct Individualized, Academic Services
- Tutoring and Mentoring
- Summer Programs
- School Clubs/Study Clubs
- Family Support
- Test Preparation
- College Visits
- College/Career Chats
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) Workshops
- First Year in College Support
- College Preparedness Workshops
- Parent/Student Meetings