Phi Sigma Iota Statement of Purpose
Phi Sigma Iota shall have as its ideals and purpose the recognition of outstanding ability and attainments in the study and teaching of foreign languages, the stimulation of advanced pursuits and individual research in this discipline, and the promotion of a cultural enrichment and a sentiment of international amity derived from the knowledge and use of foreign languages.
To become a member you must be a student in any of the following fields:
- Foreign Languages (including classics and ESL)
- Comparative Literature
- Foreign Language Education
- Second Language Acquisition
Members are required to:
- Major or Minor in one of the above fields
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Attain junior standing or above before initiation
If interested in joining, please contact your faculty advisor or the foreign language department office by calling 626-6183.
To find out about the scholarships available to PSI members, visit the scholarships page on Phi Sigma Iota's website.