Dee Family Technology Grants
Proposal Submission Deadline is Monday March 30, 2015 11:59 PM
Evaluation Rubric Word
The Dee Family Technology Grants provide support for faculty projects using technology in research or applying technology to pedagogy. Funds are distributed based on a competitive proposal process and proposals are reviewed by the Academic Resources and Computing Committee.
In order to qualify for funding, a successful proposal must fit into one of the following general categories:
- Projects specifically related to faculty research or scholarly activities.
- Discipline-specific software to enable a faculty member to enhance an existing course, or to develop a new course.
- One-time technical support for the development of special software related to a specific course.
- Costs associated with one-time faculty training in an area of technology directly applicable to the academic mission of the institution.
- Requests for specific pieces of hardware are acceptable. However the hardware should be essential for completion of a project in one of the four categories above.
Given the limited availability of funds, restrictions exist related to the funding of information technology by the Dee Family Technology Grants:
- Preference will be given to requests not exceeding $10,000.00. However, larger grants will still be considered.
- Faculty and staff office computers are not funded. Under certain circumstances, an individual may require a machine that exceeds the campus standard. In such a case, this may qualify for funding.
- Equipment or technical support for student or departmental laboratories are not supported.
Follow-up: Recipients will submit a follow-up report for the ARCC committee and the Dee family (one report, not to exceed 3 pages). Reports are due no later than March 1st of the following year.
Grant amount and topic