Come on a service trip of a lifetime! Interested? Click here to fill out the interest form!
This WSU Service trip consists of three main components:
- Construction and Building Sciences
- Using plans inspired by WSU students and developed into working construction drawings by architect, Troy McOmber, you will be assisting locals in building a new school! The GMAD are currently learning in a converted chicken coop. The children at GMAD have been rescued from forced labor trafficking or abandonment.
- Medical/Health Professions
- GMAD has been organizing and hosting medical missions in Ghana for the last four years. Due to the pandemic, there are many in Ghana awaiting life changing surgery. In an attempt to keep up with staggering demand, there will be back to back missions in October. There is work to do in December; specifically pre and post operative care, medical screenings in nearby villages, physicals, and prepping their medical clinic for future surgical missions.
- Social Work
- You will have an incredible experience accompanying and learning from Solomon as he goes into nearby villages doing work and community outreach among the most vulnerable in Ghana, or assisting Peter as he primarily works with the children at the GMAD shelter.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a high school graduate or above.
- Participants seeking academic credit for the program must be able to read the required text and participate in discussions.
**Limited to 55 participants -- 30 WSU Students/Alumni, 8 Faculty/Staff Advisors, and 17 Community Members. Individuals will be selected for this trip in the order they sign up and pay their deposit.**
- Ghana, Africa
March 3, 2022- March 13, 2022