Summary Report Checklist
As part of the Staff Development Grant process, a report* is required upon completion of training. The report is kept in your grant file as proof of attendance and may be read in the future by individuals directly involved with the University.
- Staff Position
- Project Title
- Date(s) Attended
- ¾ page or more (average is 1-2 pages)
Below are guideline questions** for writing your report. Please take the time to give complete answers.
- Summarize the project completed with the Staff Development Grant.
- Describe new technologies or skills/knowledge learned while attending the training.
- How will the training benefit your department now that you have returned?
- How will the training benefit you in your current position?
- Was the project worthwhile?
- Was the training what you expected it to be?
- Would you attend the training again if you were able?
- What were the highlights of the training?
- What workshops were most beneficial to you?
- What extra motivation did you receive by going to this training?
- Were there any unexpected bonuses at the training?
- Would you recommend the training to other coworkers? Why or Why not?
- Do you have any specific comments about the training?
- What are your action items as you return?
*Recommendation is to do this as soon as you can after the project so it is fresh in your mind.
**Questions are guidelines. You do not need to answer all of them.