Session 1 Breakouts
(1A) American Literature
Room EH 215
Moderator: Debi Sheridan
- Courtney Child, Weber State University, "Weight: The Symbolism in The Things They Carried"
- Caden McGregor, Brigham Young University-Idaho, "The Most Bloody, the Most Dangerous, and the Most Valuable Citizen: The Relationship Between Vigilante Justice and the Western American Identity in Mark Twain's Roughing It"
- Molly Day, Weber State University, "Emily Dickinson and the Historic Erasure of Queer Women"
- Hayley Fleener, Texas A&M University, "Using Poetry as Oars: Sexton's Desperate Search for God"
Room EH 218
Moderator: Libby Leonard
- Ray Chong, Brigham Young University-Idaho, "The Overviewing"
- Josie Hulme, Weber State University, "Chasing Tomorrow"
- Jonah Mroz, Reed College, "The Secrets We Already Told"
- Chloe Richardson, Regis University, "Frog in Boiling Water"
(1C) Creative Nonfiction
Moderator: Marci Boyle
- Lauren Kloosterboer, Brigham Young U-Idaho, "Don't Look Back at the Creepy Shadow"
- Charlie Vasquez, Weber State University, "What I Wear: A Memoir"
- Makayla Wach, Brigham Young University-Idaho, "Requiem for Narnia"
Room EH 206
Moderator: Laura Stott
- Chantae Bryant, Colorado Mesa University, "Sunset Shadows: A Small Collection of Poems"
- Tim Costello, Weber State University, "Collection of Poems"
- Katherine Shaver, Sam Houston State University, "Going Home"
- Sara Tesch, Weber State University, "Poetry: A Series on Difference"