Metaphor is now accepting submissions for issue 42. All submissions should be directed to email@example.com. We ask that all guidelines listed below are followed in order for your piece(s) to be considered for publication.
- Submissions are accepted year-round.
- Submissions are only accepted from the undergraduate-level.
- All works submitted must be original and unpublished.
- Metaphor reserves first rights to accepted pieces; however, students may submit their work elsewhere after Metaphor accepts or rejects them.
- Submissions should fit one of the following categories: Poetry, fiction, non-fiction, music, visual arts or film.
- Students may submit as many pieces as they’d like to different categories, but written pieces are limited to 6,000 words and poetry to five poems no longer than two pages.
- All written submissions must be in 12 pt., Times New Roman font.
- Foreign language pieces are accepted if accompanied by an English translation.
- Each piece must have a different cover sheet.
- Contact details should be on the cover sheet only. Do not include any identifying information on your submission to allow for a blind submission process.
- Title of work and page number should be listed on every page of the manuscript.
- Include a “Works Cited” page when needed. The format chosen should be noted on the cover sheet.
- An electronic copy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pieces should be saved in .pdf format for literature, mp3 for recorded music, mp4 for video, or .jpeg for visual arts.
- All submissions will be judged as blind entries – names of the authors will be kept confidential until the preferred pieces are selected.
- Students will be notified by email when the final decision has been made.
- All judging decisions are final.