Have questions not answered below?
Let's get connected!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
- All parental forms signed
- Shower and hygiene materials. Towels will be provided but students are welcomed to bring their own.
- Active clothing should be worn. Bring clothes that can get paint on them and swimwear.
- Bedding is provided. However, it is recommended that you bring your own sheet, pillow, and blankets.
- What would a summer academy be without snacks? Although some snacks will be provided, please feel free to bring your favorites. Microwaves are available.
What does the registration fee pay for?
- Your room; roommates can be requested
- All your meals; breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Medical Academy swag bag
- Lab supplies and equipment
Where will I be staying?
- Participants will be staying in the Wildcat Village
Can I drive?
- While we prefer that guardians drop students off on Wednesday evening for safety reasons, you can drive yourself to the academy. If you do, you must purchase a parking permit for an additional $12 (total) that must be paid upon registration. No permits will be available on the first day of the event. Those who drive will not be able to access your vehicle until the conclusion of the event (see below).
Am I allowed to leave the camp?
- For safety and liability reasons, participants will not be allowed to leave campus for any reason other than to engage in academy-related activities. Participants who are dissatisfied with the event should inform their team leader (mentor) of their desire to withdraw so that guardians can be notified. Participants leaving the event for any reason prior to its conclusion will not be allowed to return; the full cost of attendance will be forfeited.
Who should my parents contact in case of an emergency?
- If someone needs to get in touch with a participant during the camp please call Dr. Barb Trask at (801) 626-6169.
What if I have food allergies?
- Note all food allergies on your registration documents so that appropriate accommodations can be arranged in advance.
I am not yet 15 or not able to attend this year but want to in the future. Can I be notified?
- Participants can sign up to be notified when registration opens by submitting their information on this form. Please note this does NOT guarantee registration. We will simply email these potential participants when future registration links are open. SUBSCRIBE HERE