Flu Information and Guidelines
Got the flu? Don't bring it to campus. Stay at home (or in your residence hall) if you're sick.
You may have the flu or a serious viral infection if
- In addition to the sniffles or sneezing, you are suffering from a headache, fever, chills, body aches or a severe cough.
- It came on suddenly.
Steps to stop the spread of the flu
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
- Stay home if you think you have the flu.
- Contact your physician if you have a temperature of more than 101 degrees and other flu-like symptoms, have had contact with someone who is ill or have traveled to an area with active flu cases.
Flu vaccination information
If you are planning on getting a flu vaccination, check with your county health department as well as local walk-in clinics for vaccine availability.