FM Grant Program
Facilities Management employees and teams have an opportunity to apply for funding for education/training or equipment. Education/training includes things like conferences, workshops and classes. Equipment is a durable good that would help you do your job better.
Applications are accepted and reviewed twice a year. Deadlines for applications are the last day of April and October each year. Grant applications are reviewed and funds awarded in May and November of each year.
How to Apply
Scroll down and review the application guidelines in the next section.
Select the TRAINING or EQUIPMENT FM Grant Application below that best suits your request. You can complete it online (using a computer or your smart phone) or you can print it out and hand write your responses.
Online TRAINING Grant Application
Online EQUIPMENT Grant Application
Download-and-Print PDF TRAINING Grant Application
Download-and-Print PDF EQUIPMENT Grant Application
Complete and submit your application by Oct. 31 (Fall deadline) or April 30 (Spring deadline). Online applications will automatically be submitted. Printed applications need to be sent to or placed in the mailbox of Shawna Code.
- The most current version of the application must be used. Online and printable application forms are linked below in the “How to Apply” section.
- Applications must be complete and include a detailed description of the project, accurate costs, and backup documentation.
- Both the applicant and their manager must sign the application.
- Each application should only include one applicant for training or one item of equipment. Exceptions can be made for group training however, justification must be provided for requests to send multiple people to the same or similar training.
- Each applicant that is given funding for training may be asked to give a brief evaluation of the training. These evaluations will be used to determine the benefit of sending FM staff to this training in the future.
- Education that will prepare an individual to return and share with others in FM is preferred.
- Education that relates to an applicant’s job description or is in the logical career path for that position.
- Training that is offered on campus. Local training is preferred to training at locations that require extended travel.
- Each application for equipment or training must be justified and will be evaluated on its own merits.
- If one course in a series funded, there is no guarantee that FM Grants will continue to fund subsequent courses.
- Applicants need only submit one (1) paper or digital copy of the application package to Shawna Code. Place paper applications in his mailbox in CS mailroom. Online applications are automatically sent to FM Grants.
- Job essential equipment such as: small hand tools, ladders, mops, buckets, gloves, etc. will be given a lower priority.
Tips for Success
- For education/training requests, preference will be given to the applicants who have applied for a Staff Development Grant.
- Successful applications will be complete and include a detailed description of the project, as well as accurate cost estimates.
- You won’t be notified whether or not you were awarded an FM Grant until mid-November, so please keep that date in mind when choosing your training classes. Make sure you will have enough time to register and make travel arrangements after being notified.
Please contact Shawna Code.