Your dream of attending Weber State University can now become a reality.
The Dream Weber program provides free tuition and general student fees to students enrolled in 12 semester credits, who qualify for a Pell Grant and whose annual household income is $50,000 or less. The amount awarded varies depending on each applicant's FAFSA, as the Dream Weber program supplements any other aid that is awarded, such as a Pell Grant, Institutional Grants and any other scholarships from generous donors.
The purpose of the Dream Weber program is to help you complete a college degree, which will improve your earning potential throughout your life.
How to Follow Your Dream (Weber)
1. If you haven’t already, apply for admission at Weber State.
But then come back to this web page and finish the rest of these steps!
2. Starting Sept. 1 every year, you can apply for the Dream Weber scholarship.
Priority is given to those who apply by the first Friday in December. Scholarship applications will continue to be accepted and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis until there is no more money left for that given year.
Apply in your eWeber portal by using the Specialized Scholarship Application in the Financial Aid and Scholarships app.
3. Complete your FAFSA.
Students who complete the FAFSA and submit all documents by the annual priority deadline of April 1 will be notified about eligibility for the Dream Weber program prior to the beginning of the fall semester, but you can apply for Dream Weber any time.
4. Check your email.
You will receive an email notifying you that you’ve been awarded a Dream Weber scholarship. It will detail how to log into the Scholarships app and accept the award.
- Be a legal Utah resident
- Have a household income of $50,000 or less.
- Qualify for federal Pell Grant funds
- Be an undergraduate student with less than 150 credit hours
If you do not meet the requirements listed here, you most likely still qualify for some type of scholarship or financial aid. Visit our Financial Aid site for more information.
Maintaining Your Scholarship
- Enroll and maintain a course load of 12 to 18 credit hours each semester at WSU.
- Attain satisfactory academic standing by maintaining an overall 2.0 grade point average and completing the courses you've enrolled in.
- Qualify for Federal Pell Grant funds:
- Apply EACH YEAR for federal financial aid by the annual priority deadline of April 1, though you can apply any time
- Complete the FAFSA application
- Complete the WSU scholarship application
- Complete verification documents (if necessary)
- Reapply for Dream Weber each year. This is because a new FAFSA is required each year and eligibility is determined from this application.
- Dream Weber covers the cost of full-time resident tuition — between 12-18 credit hours per semester — and general student fees.
- Eligibility in the program continues for a total of eight semesters or until you earn 150 semester hours of college credit.
- The program does not cover costs for a second bachelor's degree.
- Graduate students are not eligible for the program; you must enroll as an undergraduate new freshman, transfer, returning or continuing student.
- If you are enrolled at WSU and another college or university, you do not qualify for this program.