Daniel S. Hubler, Ph.D.
Department of Child and Family Studies
Director Packer Center for Family & Community Education
Weber State University
1351 Edvalson St. Dept. 1301
Ogden UT 84408
Office: 229 McKay Education Building
Courses Currently Teaching
- FAM 2100 Family Resource Management
- CHF 2400 Family Relations
- FAM 3150 Consumer Rights and Responsbilities
- FAM 4650 Family Life Education Methods
- FAM 3660 LGBTQ Families
- GSE 6301 Specialized School & Family Programs
- REC 1510 Fishing Level 1
- Ph.D., Human Environmental Sciences, Oklahoma State University
- M.S., Human Development and Family Science, Oklahoma State University
- B.S., Family Studies, Weber State University
Burr, B. K., Hubler, D. S., Larzelere, R. E., & Gardner, B. C. (2013). Applying the actor-partner interdependence model to micro-level analyses of marital partner affect during couple conversations. Marriage and Family Review, 49, 284-308.
Schwerdtfeger, K. L., Todd, J., Oliver, M., & Hubler, D (2013). Trying v. Not Trying: A qualitative exploration of pregnancy intentions, the transition to parenthood, and the couple relationship.Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy. 12, 113-134.
Thanks for visiting my page. Let me share some fun facts.
- I was born at home in the middle of an ice storm. My father served as my "midwife." If you knew my father, this would impress you. Trust me.
- I am an avid fan of FLY FISHING, football, impromptu road trips, comedy, country music, and all things food. If you come by my office discussing any of these topics, I may bore you with my own views after a few hours.
- My wife and I enjoy taking fishing trips with our two children (Hank the border collie/flat-coat retriever mix and Betty the border collie).
- I'm an Oklahoma State University football fan. Go Pokes!
- I try to make it to all of the Weber State University home football games. I hope to see you there.
- I am passionate in my research, teaching, and exploring of all things concerning family relationships, family life education, and communication styles and skills.
- It is my goal to enjoy my life regardless of the circumstances, and I hope to share that enjoyment with others around me.