Student Petition, Complaints & Grievances

Weber State University aspires to provide an excellent educational experience. The faculty, staff, and administrators work together to deliver quality courses and services to assist students to achieve their educational goals. However, occasionally mistakes happen or misunderstandings occur. When problems or issues arise, there are avenues where you can voice a complaint, petition for a change, or make an appeal.

Get Started: Types of Issues & Misconduct


Other Student Grievances

  • Regarding faculty – must follow PPM Section 9 - Students may fill out the form, which will be sent to the academic department/college for engagement under their processes -
  • Regarding staff/administrators – Whenever possible, complaints or grievances should be resolved at the lowest level possible (ie: staff member, supervisor, director, etc.). If unresolved, students may be referred to the appropriate vice president, in accordance with PPM 6-22 for review. Where the vice president (or designee) determines that there is reasonable cause to believe a staff member violated university policy and the student requests disciplinary action of the staff member, PPMs 3-31 and 3-31a may be reconciled to provide the appropriate process to the staff member as agreed upon between the Due Process Officer and the AVP of Human Resources, with consideration for expediency and fairness. Students may fill out the form, which will be sent to Human Resources -
  • Admission to the University – must follow PPM Section 6-2 VC
  • Transferring credits from another institution: must follow PPM Section 4-21a
  • Parking Violations
  • Athletics – student-athletes may be found to have violated the Student Code, but may also face other consequences within the athletic department that are governed by separate standards of the Athletics Department related to privileges associated with team membership. 
  • International students - SEVIS related complaints

These procedures were created under PPM 6-22, Student Code regarding proceedings involving student's grievances or misconduct. Where a student faces loss of a privilege, rather than a right, no process may be applicable. These rules do not create a contract between the University and students or others.

If you have questions about jurisdiction or process, contact Jill Speth, 801-626-7313 or

Additional Forums

Students should work to resolve all complaints at the university level. If a complaint cannot be resolved, additional avenues for lodging a complaint are to:

The Commission Office
8060 165th Avenue NE
Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052