Student Petition, Complaints & Grievances
Weber State University aspires to provide an excellent educational experience. The faculty, staff, and administrators work together to deliver quality courses and services to assist students to achieve their educational goals. However, occasionally mistakes happen or misunderstandings occur. When problems or issues arise, there are avenues where you can voice a complaint, petition for a change, or make an appeal.
Get Started: Types of Issues & Misconduct
Other Student Grievances
- Regarding faculty – must follow PPM Section 9
- Regarding staff/administrators – must follow PPM Section 3
- Admission to the University – must follow PPM Section 6-2 VC
- Transferring credits from another institution: must follow PPM Section 4-21a
- Parking Violations
- Athletics – student athletes may be found to have violated the Student Code, but may also face further sanctions within the athletic department that are governed by separate rules created by the Athletics Department
- International students - SEVIS related complaints
PPM 6-22, Student Code governs all proceedings involving students grievances or misconduct. In the event of conflict between these processes and PPM 6-22, PPM 6-22 governs.
If you have questions about jurisdiction or process, contact Jill Speth, 801-626-7313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should work to resolve all complaints at the University level. If a complaint cannot be resolved, additional avenues for lodging a complaint are to:
- Anonymously report unethical, criminal or otherwise inappropriate activities in violation of WSU policies to WSU's EthicsPoint
- Contact the Utah State Board of Regents and/or
- The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, which is the official accrediting body of Weber State University
The Commission Office
8060 165th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98052