Chemistry Department Scholarships
The following selection criteria will be used by the Chemistry Department Scholarship Committee to determine scholarship recipients (criteria not necessarily listed in order of their importance).
- Include a copy of your transcript. (An unofficial copy is acceptable.)
- If you are applying for more than one of the scholarships, you need only submit one cover sheet.
- Be sure to address the qualifications of each scholarship.
- Fulfill the additional specific requirements for each scholarship as listed below.
Young Ok Hamrick Scholarship
- Priority will be given to a chemistry major (ACS Chemistry).
- The applicant must be a junior or a senior within the chemistry program during the award year, i.e., the applicant must either be ready to register for physical chemistry in the fall semester, or he/she must already have successfully completed physical chemistry.
- Minimum University GPA of 3.0
- The donor’s desire that students who receive the scholarship repay the scholarship at some future date.
Henry Nowak Excellence in Chemistry Scholarship
- The applicant must be a junior or senior chemistry major (ACS Chemistry).
- Preference will be given to a student who is planning to go into a chemistry-related career and who is married with a family.
- Minimum University GPA of 3.0
- Applicants will write a one-page essay on, “Why I want to be a chemist.”
Dr. Garth L. Welch Scholarship
- Junior or Senior full-time student making progress toward a degree in Chemistry
- Minimum University GPA of 2.5 and minimum GPA in Chemistry and Mathematics of 3.0
- Preference will go to a student involved in non-NCCA campus activities in addition to regular class and lab work in the College of Science. Examples of extra-curricular activities are performing groups, Signpost, Student government or community outreach. NCAA sports participation is not included.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need. Student's need will be determined through a 1-page essay on this topic: “Please tell us about yourself-include employment history, family support and obligations, and financial circumstances.”
Chemistry Faculty Scholarship
- The applicant must be a chemistry major
- Include a brief letter (one page or less) addressed to the faculty of the chemistry department. Your letter should state why you qualify for this scholarship and how this scholarship will help you to achieve your education goals at Weber State University.
Complete Your Application
The due date will be during Spring Semester 2018. Please check back at the beginning of the semester for the exact date, location and time.
The application will need to be printed out and submitted with supportive documents in person.
After completing this application, you must apply for both scholarships and financial aid (complete a FAFSA) through your eWeber portal.
For more information, visit https://weber.edu/financialaid.
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Room TY255, Mail Code 2503
Weber State University
Department of Chemistry
1415 Edvalson St., Dept. 2503
Ogden, UT 84408-2503
Tracy Hall Science Center (TY)
Click for campus map