VENTURE COURSE AT WSU
Venture to New Heights: Free college credits on your journey to higher education.
Venture Course, modeled after the Clemente Course in the Humanities, is a joint effort between Weber State University’s Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities, the Department of Continuing Education and Utah Humanities to provide participants with a successful college experience for a period of one year at no cost to the students. Students will attend classes just 2 nights per week beginning September 5, 2017 and ending April 19, 2018.
The Venture Course is designed to be offered to a group of students will study five subjects: American history, art history, philosophy, literature and critical writing/thinking. The classes are taught by University faculty who value community access to higher education and focus on empowering students to develop new ways of thinking to shape their future.
To find out more about the success of the Venture Course and the impact in the lives of hundreds of participants, visit www.clementecourse.org/about-us.
The Venture Course at Weber State University offers the following to its participants:
- A chance to attend college courses without applying to college.
- The opportunity to earn up to 10 college credits in five subjects for free.
- Convenient class schedule of Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Free UTA transportation tokens for getting to and from class.
- Write a short essay describing your desire to be a participant in Venture and explaining your life circumstances that have prevented you from attending college (this could include income, addictions, incarceration, etc. )
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Students currently working toward this credential are also welcome but must complete it prior to receiving Venture credit.
- Living on a modest income.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Apply now for the Venture Program!
- Students may earn up to 10 college credits in five different subjects
- Sudents meet just twice a week
- No tuition charges, books and fees are covered
- Transportation assistance provided
- Must be over 18, a high school graduate, living on a low income and have no previous college experience
September 5, 2017 - April 19, 2018