Become a Student Ambassador
The Student Recruitment & Orientation Office relies on the leadership and participation of Admissions Ambassadors to recruit high school students and support the mission of Weber State University. Our ambassadors are student leaders who provide campus information, campus tours, staff the Admissions Office, serve as orientation group leaders and provide mentoring and guidance to prospective students.
To become a student ambassador for the upcoming semester, complete our application. Check back later to apply for future semesters!
Expectations & Qualifications
Ambassadors are expected to maintain certain standards while serving in their roles. If you are considering applying, please review the qualifications and expectations to prepare you for life as an ambassador.
- Be a current full-time student at Weber State University (a minimum of 12 credits per semester, summer semester is an exception to this rule.)
- Maintain an overall WSU GPA of 2.75.
- Ambassadors are required to attend all mandatory training sessions, including the annual ambassador retreat in August.
- Participate in ALL recruitment events including but not limited to: weekly tours/office hours, two after hour tours per semester, graduation, purple carpet, service, retreats, orientation, etc.
- Be on time and participate in development meetings each Wednesday, 3:30–5 p.m.
- Wear team uniform to all appropriate on-campus and off-campus events.
- Check the Ambassador Canvas course daily for important information.
- Make off-campus visits as needed to meet with prospective students in assigned high schools; these visits need to be approved in advance.
- Be AT THE FRONT DESK in uniform when assigned office hours begin, ready to give your tour.
- Notify your supervisor at least seven days in advance of any conflicts. This includes appointments, tests, family outings, etc. All requests are subject to approval. We cannot guarantee it will be granted but if proper notice is given a good faith effort will be made for accommodations.
- Uphold all WSU student policies and maintain high standards, acting as a representative of the university at all times and always treating other staff, faculty and students with respect.
- Placement on the team for the following year will be dependent upon performance throughout the year. A second year is probable but not guaranteed.
Ambassadors are responsible for a variety of duties, all of which help support the university and encourage enrollment with potential students.
- Developing Relationships: Ambassadors develop relationships with prospective students by phone, mail, email, text, social media and with personal visits. The purpose of these contacts are to gather student information, answer questions, assist them to enroll at WSU and help them get to know WSU.
- Campus Tours: Ambassadors also play a role in helping students get familiar with the campus through campus tours. The Ambassadors host students on campus, take them to visit departments and introduce them to the services, resources and facilities available to students.
- Office Hours: Ambassadors help staff the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office, assisting with reception, phones, mailings, meeting with students and parents, and other duties as assigned.
- Recruitment Activities: Each ambassador will participate in activities to help prospective students learn about and enroll at WSU. Some of these activities include high school and junior college visits, campus open houses, purple carpet events, orientations, etc.
- Orientation: Ambassadors also serve as Orientation Group Leaders throughout the summer and will attend all new students orientations. It is a fun time to help new students get ready to start at Weber State and share excitement for the university.
Ambassadors are compensated $13/hour. Weekly hours will be based on the number of campus tours, office responsibilities, high school visits and/or campus events. Most ambassadors work an average of 6-15 hours a week.
If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, complete the application above. A new application will be opened for future semesters.