3 credit hours
Digital and volumetric imaging, emerging technologies, secure computerized management practice, and patient privacy regulations.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Explain the different areas of healthcare informatics.
- List the key goals of having an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Explain the different configurations in a computer network.
- Describe the function of the internet and the internet browser.
- List and describe different information systems and communication methods in the healthcare setting.
- Describe alternative methods of delivering healthcare using new technology.