Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene
The Department of Dental Hygiene awards an Associate of Science degree after the two-year dental hygiene program. You must complete all Associate of Science general education requirements (which include several program prerequisite courses) to earn your degree in dental hygiene.
After being accepted into the program, you should expect to spend 35 to 40 hours on campus or studying each week in lecture and clinical courses. This program is a "lock-step" design where students are admitted and continue through the program together as a class.
Admissions & Selection
Students are accepted annually on a limited basis into the WSU Dental Hygiene program.
It it critical that all parts of the application process be completed and submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please read the instructions carefully on the application forms and checklist.
Application evaluation includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Grade point average (GPA)
- Prior dental experience
- Committee review
- Completion of the essay portion (see application for further instructions)
- Prior college or university experience
- Completed prerequisites courses
Students will be notified by mid-March.
Weber State University does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital, veteran or disability status.
Application & Checklist
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 15
- Completion of four (4) years of high school or equivalent
- Completion of one (1) year of prerequisite course work (visit Dental Hygiene Course Requirements)
- Submission of all college and university transcripts
- Submission of the dental hygiene application form and attachments
- Submission of required $25 non-refundable application fee
- Application and acceptance to Weber State University in good academic standing
The following applications will NOT be reviewed:
- Applications submitted past January 15
- Applicants that have prerequisite GPAs below 2.5, and/or a science GPA below 2.5
- Applications that do not contain final grades on at least two (2) of the specific required science courses and at least four (4) of the additional prerequisite courses (six courses total)
- Science courses that are seven (7) years or older
For a complete list of course requirements for the Dental Hygiene program, please visit Dental Hygiene Course Requirements.
For 2022-2023, the estimated cost for the two-year Dental Hygiene Program is as follows:
- Tuition & fees: $12,800 ($3,200 x 4 semesters)
- Instruments: $3,400
- Loupes: $1,500
- Textbooks: $800
- Uniforms & shoes: $300
- Professional Association Dues: $340
- Exams & licensing fees: $2,000
- Lab fees: $965
Total Estimated Cost $22,105
Total Estimated Cost (with out-of-state tuition) $42,000
For information about Campus Housing, please contact 801-626-7275
For information about Financial Aid, please contact 801-626-6211