You must submit a formal application to be submitted into the social work program. The application process is explained in SW 2100, Human Behavior and the Social Environment. If you are enrolled in or have taken this class and have completed the prerequisites to the social work program, you may submit an application. There is no fee for this admission process.
To be eligible for acceptance into the social work program, you must:
- Apply to the program (during or after completing SW 2100);
- Submit recent college transcripts;
- Be reviewed and accepted by the Department Admissions Committee;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better; and
- Meet all of the program requirements.
Social work applications are taken every semester. You will be notified by letter of your acceptance. Contact the Social Work & Gerontology Office for specific deadline dates.
For Spring Semester admission: Apply during Fall Semester
For Summer Semester admission: Apply during Spring Semester
For Fall Semester admission: Apply during Spring Semester