You must submit a formal application to be submitted into the social work program. The application process is explained in SW 2100, Human Behavior and the Social Environment. If you are enrolled in or have taken this class and have completed the prerequisites to the social work program, you may submit an application. There is no fee for this admission process.
To be eligible for acceptance into the social work program, you must:
- Apply to the program (during or after completing SW 2100);
- Submit recent college transcripts;
- Be reviewed and accepted by the Department Admissions Committee;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better; and
- Meet all of the program requirements.
You will need the following materials for the application process:
- A one (1) page autobiographical sketch, including reasons for choosing social work as a major. Discuss any social service related work or volunteer service. Be specific regarding hours spent in paid work or volunteer service.
- A current copy of all transcripts obtained via the Unofficial Transcript application in eWeber (search: transcripts or go to http://www.weber.edu/Records/Unofficial_Transcript.html for more information).
- Two (2) references. The individuals providing references will be contacted by the department and instructed to fill out an online form. The online reference form is required; personalized letters from your references are optional, but accepted. References must be from professional individuals who know you–for example: work supervisors, religious leaders, or professors. References from family or friends will NOT be accepted.
- Create an application account and complete the online application form.
When to Apply
Social work applications are taken every semester. You will be notified by letter of your acceptance.
|If you want to start in the semester...||Apply during this semester...||Before this deadline...|
|Summer 2016||Spring 2016||March 29, 2016|
|Fall 2016||Spring 2016||April 15, 2016|
|Spring 2017||Fall 2016||November 18, 2016|
|Summer 2017||Spring 2017||March 29, 2017|
|Fall 2017||Spring 2017||April 15, 2017|
|Spring 2018||Fall 2017||November 18, 2017|
If you have questions about the deadlines or the application process please contact us.