Shipping & Receiving
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
- Items are ordered by MasterCard
- Packages arrive, and are sorted by mail code, department and name
- Boxes are delivered and signed for by the department
- Call ext. 6296 to schedule pick-up
- Provide a cost code
- Provide complete address
- Preferred mode of shipment
THE PROPER ADDRESS IS IMPORTANT
Master Card Purchase
Weber State University
(your mail code) University Circle
Ogden, UT 84408-(your mail code)
-Please contact the purchasing agent any time it is necessary to return a requisitioned item.
-Then call Receiving ext. 6019 and provide the following:
-Purchase order number
-Pickup location (building & room)
-Preferred mode of shipmen
- Items are requested by the department
- The purchasing Agent orders the items
- Packages are received, inspected and entered into the BANNER system by Shipping/Receiving
- Property Control assigns a control tag number to the items (if necessary)
- Packages are delivered and a signature is obtained
TO CHECK THE STATUS OF A SHIPMENT
Provide the following information:
- Tracking number
- Your Name
Contact Shipping/Receiving when visible or concealed damage is discovered, and take the following steps:
When merchandise is delivered to the department, open all cartons immediately and inspect for concealed damage
Examine contents to verify accuracy of part numbers and shipping quantities.
Contact Shipping/Receiving when damage is first discovered (801) 626-6019.
Retain damaged items and all original packaging for inspection by carrier.
Receiving will pick up merchandise from the department and contact the shipper and the vendor.
A damaged freight claim must be filed within 15 days.