The UTA Ed pass will give you transportation on all UTA buses, Frontrunner and TRAX at a significantly discounted rate. Ride to school, work, the mall or even Salt Lake or Provo. You won't have to worry about traffic or gas prices. You will be contributing to a healthier environment while having the opportunity to work on homework or take a nap during your commute.
Directions to get your Weber State UTA Ed Pass:
- Log on to your portal. Locate the UTA Pass Channel on the "My Weber" tab, and click on "Purchase Your UTA Ed Pass"
- In the first drop-down option, select UTA EdPass
- The next drop-down box will populate with the purchase options you are eligible for, such as a new or replacement card. Select the appropriate option.
- A new pass for the 2012-2013 academic year is $20
- To replace a lost card, there will be a $50 replacement fee
- Replacing a damaged card will be no charge, provided you turn in the damaged card when picking up your new one
The amount owed will populate in the middle box. Click "Save"
- "Pay Now" and "Pay Later" buttons will appear
- If you choose to pay with a credit card online, click "Pay Now" and you’ll be directed to the payment system. Enter in your credit card information and click "Continue"
- Verify the information is correct, then click "Continue" and you’ll be redirected back to the Ed pass system. Your transaction is complete.
- If you are purchasing a new card, bring in your Wildcat ID card and W number (can be obtained from your portal) to the Shepherd Union Information Center or Davis Center Student Services to receive your card
- If you want to pay with cash, check or a credit card in person, click on "Pay Later" to process your transaction in the system. Then go to the cashiers' office at either the Ogden or Davis campus and make the payment. Bring the receipt, your Wildcat ID card and W number (can be obtained from your portal) to the Shepherd Union Information Center or Davis Center Student Services to receive your card.
- Ride! You will be required to show identification with the UTA Ed pass when you ride the UTA system, which includes UTA buses, Frontrunner and TRAX. Tap your UTA Ed pass on the card reader located on UTA buses and train platforms as you enter and exit to ride.
- For routes and times, visit www.rideuta.com or call 1-888-RIDE-UTA.
Restrictions Apply: Passes are only for registered students (if you withdraw from school at any time, the card will be deactivated), full-time faculty and full-time staff (hourly employees do not qualify). The pass is non-transferable and spouses and dependents are not eligible. As of September 2012, academic year 12-13 passes will expire on a yearly basis and the rider will be required to pay an annual fee to keep the card active. Don't throw them away at the end of the year or you’ll be charged a replacement fee as well as a renewal fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of the Ed pass?
Answer: There is now an annual fee for the UTA Ed pass. For the academic year 2012-2013 the cost is $20.00
- What is included in the services provided by the Ed pass?
Answer: With the UTA Ed pass you have access to all the UTA system provides, including buses, the Front Runner and Trax. All routes, excluding the ski resort routes, are available to you whether it is for school purposes or not.
- Do I have to renew my pass?
Answer: For academic year 2012-2013 you will need to obtain a new pass, but for years to follow you will need to renew that pass before the beginning of each Fall term in order for the card to remain active. This renewal fee can be paid online through your portal during August of that upcoming academic year.
- How much is the pass if I buy it in the Spring or Summer semesters?
Answer: The annual fee is a flat fee regardless of when you purchase it in the year. For academic year 2012-2013 the cost will be $20 whether you purchase it in Fall, Spring or Summer. The pass will need to be renewed for Fall 2013.
- I've lost my card, how do I get a new one?
Answer: Log on to your Portal. Under the My Weber tab look for the UTA Ed pass channel. In the UTA Ed pass channel you can process your request to obtain a new one. In the drop down menu under "You are eligible for" select "EdPass replace Xxx Lost pass". There is a $50 administrative fee to replace lost passes. The charge is on top of the yearly fee. Pay the fee online, then go to the Shepherd Union Information Desk or Davis Campus Student Services to get your new card. If you loose it during the year that you have an active pass, you'll only have to pay the $50 replacement fee. If you loose it and come back the following year to get a new pass, you'll have to pay the $50 replacement fee and the $20 renewal fee.
- My card has been damaged (broke in half, cracked or simply doesn't work) how do I get a new one?
Answer: Log on to your Portal. Under the My Weber tab look for the UTA Ed Pass channel. In the UTA Ed pass channel you can process your request. In the drop down menu under "You are eligible for" select "EdPass replace Xxx damaged pass". There is no charge to replace a damaged card, as long as you bring in the damaged card to exchange. Click "Submit" to complete the online transaction, then go to the Shepherd Union Information Desk or Davis Campus Student Services to get your new card.