Credit for Military Training
- Students who have completed at least 24 months of active military service may be granted
a maximum of 10 credit hours. These credits are awarded as 3 credit hours which satisfy
general education HLTH SS1030 and 7 elective credit hours.
- Students who have completed four or more years in the National Guard or a reserve unit
will be awarded HLTH SS130 and 7 elective credit hours.
- Additional credit may be granted for military schooling if specific requirements are
met. (Credit is awarded as elective credit. Student must have 30 WSU credits before credit can be granted.)
- To receive credit students should submit military form DD-214 and a
receipt for the $10 recording fee to
the Records Office to start the process.
- Military credit will be evaluated only if it can be applied to a legitimate
undergraduate degree program. Students who already have a bachelor's degree are not
eligible for a military credit evaluation.
- Military credit is added to a student's total credit hours completed, and may reduce a
student's eligibility for financial aid.
- Application for Military Credit for DD124 and ACE/SMART transcripts can be found here.