Hourly Child Care
Due to center remodeling, all applications MUST be in by Friday, December 6 for the spring semester.
Any applications turned in after this date will not be reviewed until the first week of the spring semester (Monday, January 6).
- Returning Parents may begin submitting applications on Monday, Nov. 11th and have two weeks to submit the applications for priority spots.
- New Parents may begin submitting applications on Monday, Nov. 25th.
After applications have been accepted and approved, all new parents are required to schedule a mandatory 15-minute orientation. Please contact the center to schedule the orientation.
WSU Ogden: 801-626-7798 | WSU Davis: 801-395-3464 | wsuhourlychildcare@web
Registration for Childcare:
The Hourly Child Care Center, at both the Ogden and Davis Campuses, provides hourly care to WSU students' children. Faculty and staff may use during the summer, and throughout the year as space is available. PRIOR TO ATTENDING parents must complete the New Parent Application or the Returning Parent Application. Returning parents get priority to apply through two weeks of registration each semester. New parents can register after the two weeks have passed. Once parents complete the application, they will be notified via email for next steps.
Two types of care:
Available for class time only on-going and consistent basis. Extended hours may be requested for a maximum of two hours through Extended Hours Request form.
Available as alternate to primary care provider and only if space allows. Parents must call as soon as possible prior to attending to confirm space is available. We will not be able to accommodate the hours needed if the center is at maximum capacity.
The Hourly Child Care Center provides hourly care to WSU students' children while they attend classes or partake in academic events. Students must apply and have set schedules for attendance.
Backup care is offered at WSU Ogden for students and faculty/staff when their primary care provider is unavailable (if the center has space that day). Call the center to see if they are available when needed.
- Children ages two through nine.
- Must be two years old at the time of enrollment and be completely potty-trained.
- The cost is $3.50 per hour.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $15 application fee.
- A $42 deposit is required before starting the first day (applied to child care hours).
- Payment must be made every Friday for hours used during the week to return on Monday.
Location & Hours (Summer / Fall / Spring)
- Shepherd Union, Room 322
- Fall & Spring Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (extended hours upon request)
- Summer Hours:
- 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. with (extended hours upon request)
- D2, Room 307
- Please contact for hours
* Centers are open over finals but closed over breaks and holidays
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Parents will be asked to sign in and out when dropping off their child.
- Other individuals may be listed on the application as per the parent. Teachers may ask to see a photo ID.
- Must pick child up according to the time listed on Application/Extended Request Form and follow all attendance policies.
Child Care Center Safety
Your child's safety is our number one priority.
- All state-licensing safety regulations are adhered to at both the Ogden and Davis campus child care centers.
- An evacuation plan is in place and parents are informed of the process during orientation.
Child Care Center Staff
- All Childcare Staff receive:
- Background checks
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Ongoing childcare training