Hourly Child Care
WSU Ogden: 801-626-7798 | wsuhourlychildcare@web
Child care is available for in-person and/or virtual classes and for studying, testing, tutoring, and/or homework time.
Applying for Child Care
The Hourly Child Care Center provides flexible and affordable care to WSU students' children. WSU employees may use the center during the summer and throughout the year, as space is available.
PRIOR TO ATTENDING parents must submit a Parent Application.
Applications Accepted For:
Regular care is a set schedule each week.
Back-up care is when you need alternative care. You must call at least one hour before to see if space is available.
- All parents, new and returning, must apply each semester.
- Priority is given to students attending in-person or virtual classes.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year and approval is based on deadlines and availability.
- Returning parents receive priority for enrollment up until the following deadlines:
- Spring Semester: November 28
- Summer Semester: May 2
- Fall Semester: April 24
- Faculty and Staff will be approved no sooner than one week before the start of each semester.
- The child care center is closed between semesters, for Fall and Spring breaks, and holidays.
ALL PARENTS MUST SUBMIT A PARENT APPLICATION PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THESE REQUESTS
Extended Hours Requests
For block classes, specific dates, online classes, studying, tutoring, testing, etc. and accepted no sooner than the first week of the semester and approval is based on teacher and space availability..
Change of Hours Request
To make a permanent change in semester schedule.
Finals Week Request
To schedule finals week hours (free for students up to 12 hours).
Must have attended "Regular Care" for the entire semester.
Pre-scheduling of hours is required at the time of finals.
All other policies apply for the week.
- Children ages two through nine.
- Must be two years old at the time of enrollment and must be fully potty-trained.
The child needs to:
Be in underwear the entire day (no pull-ups).
Be able to manipulate clothing (push and pull-up pants).
Recognize the need to go to the bathroom.
Be able to wipe themselves with no help.
Communicate verbally or through ASL to teachers.
- The cost is $3.50 per hour.
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $15 application fee.
- Pre-payment for the reserved hours of care for the first week is due before the first day of attendance. Pre-payment for each week is due by Friday night to receive care for the next week. Unused payment will carry forward to the next week.
Location & Hours
- Shepherd Union, Room 322
- Fall 2022 Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* Center is open over finals but closed over breaks and holidays
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Parents will be asked to sign in and out when dropping off their children.
- Other individuals may be listed on the application as per the parent. Teachers may ask to see a photo ID.
- Must pick child up according to the time listed on Application/Extended Request Form and follow all attendance policies.
Child Care Center Safety
Your child's safety is our number one priority.
- All state licensing safety regulations are adhered to and regular safety and health inspections are conducted..
- An evacuation plan is in place and parents are informed of the process during orientation.
Child Care Center Teachers
- All Child Care Teachers receive:
- Background checks
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Child care training throughout the year