Manufacturing Engineering Technology:
Production Operations & Controls Concentration
Salaries in Utah
Annual Median Salary: $67,333*
Annual median salaries noted are Utah-wide. Salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level.
Declare Your Major
E-mail email@example.com with your full name, w# and major
What you will learn
Gain knowledge and skills in manufacturing processes, including process planning, tool and machine design, material selection and treatment, process automation, manufacturing resource planning, Six Sigma methods and tools, and lean manufacturing.
State-of-the-art laboratories give you hands-on experiences with CNC machine tools, robotics, programmable logic controllers, systems integration and the latest in CAD/ CAM systems.
Year-long senior projects have included aquaponics, renewable energy research projects and other topics that help apply your technical education and develop skills in teamwork and human relations.
The study of engineering technology requires a knowledge of mathematical, scientific and engineering principles with an concentration in applications-oriented engineering activities.
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Mission Statement and Program Educational Objectives Review
The MFET Program at Weber State University will be a growing, nationally recognized, program offering both AAS and ABET Accredited BS Engineering Technology degrees that afford faculty and students opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. We will prepare students to demonstrate professional competence within the discipline and serve the needs of industry in Utah and throughout the nation
Program Educational Objectives (what graduates should be able to do three to five years after graduation);
- Graduates will be recognized as having mastered both theory and application of the body of knowledge in their discipline and become increasingly versed in the latest manufacturing techniques and methods as they apply to their employment.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to cost effectively, creatively and methodically solve manufacturing problems through experimentation, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of data.
- Graduates will be recognized as being personally effective as individuals, team members and team leaders though oral, written, and graphical communication and take on increased technical or managerial responsibility appropriate to their employment.
- Graduates will demonstrate a furthering commitment to quality, ethics, service and continuous improvement in personal and professional situations.
Student Learning Outcomes (graduates from the program will be able to or will have attained the following Student Outcomes);
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, or technology to solve related to solve broadly defined engineering problems in Manufacturing Engineering Technology specific to the program’s emphases in Production Operations and Controls, Plastics and Composites, and Welding related to current manufacturing process and systems design, operations, quality and continuous improvement.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering problems in Manufacturing Engineering Technology specific to the program’s emphases in Production Operations and Controls, Plastics and Composites, or Welding.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical, nontechnical, and relevant financial environments and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes in a realistic, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
The following topics are covered as required by ABET in MFET Curriculum.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context
- A commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
Where WSU Manufacturing Engineering Technology: Production Operations & Controls Concentration graduates are working at:
Salt Lake Community College
Parker-Hannifin Control Systems
Envirotech Molded Products