The eMHA format is designed for working professionals who are not able to come to a traditional campus.
- Classes are fully online with no required meeting times.
- Courses are semester-based and follow the traditional university semester schedule.
- The cost is $35,000 for the entire program, billed per semester, and includes all books and materials needed for each class. See our cost comparison.
- There is no out-of-state tuition cost. Tuition is the same rate for in-state or out-of-state students.
- This format is accelerated and can be completed in just four semesters (including summers) for a total of 16 months. Full-time and part-time options are available.
- There are two admissions cycles per year allowing students to start either Fall or Spring semester. See are application deadlines.
How to Apply
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited school (must be completed by program start date)—no specific discipline required
- Meet a GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- U.S. healthcare or supervisory experience (preferred, not required)
- GRE/GMAT not required
- Complete the online application by the designated application deadline.
- Visit our How to Apply page for more information and link to the online application.
- There is a single non-refundable application fee of $60.
EXECUTIVE MASTER OF HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Weber State University’s Executive Master Health Administration (eMHA) is fully online. The program is designed for full-time working professionals who want to advance into leadership positions in the healthcare industry. The eMHA format is an accelerated option that can be completed in 16 months. The total cost of the program is $35,000, making us one of the most affordable CAHME accredited programs in the nation.
For our campus-based program, see our Master of Health Administration (MHA) page.
PROGRAM DETAILS & HOW TO APPLY
discover the information you need to know for this program
- Flexible online course delivery format
- Learn from our experienced faculty who thoroughly understand the industry
- Our graduates report high rates of satisfaction with the curriculum and program
- Discover what a valuable resource you can be by improving the health and healthcare of your community
- The eMHA program is accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
The Executive MHA (eMHA) program prepares you for leadership positions in the healthcare industry, with the added benefit of being able to complete your degree entirely online. The program courses cover topics such as:
- Management and leadership
- Finance and accounting
- Healthcare ethics and law
- Interpersonal communication
- Quality and performance improvement
- Population health
- Healthcare information technology
- Human resources
- Critical thinking
A complete list of course requirements are below.
With an MHA, you'll be able to work in a variety of settings in community and healthcare leadership positions, such as:
- Human resources
- Facility management
- Health law
- Information technology management
- Physician practices and ambulatory care
- Post-acute care organizations
- Government organizations
- Community service organizations
before you begin, get to know what courses will be required for this degree
Check out our example Course Schedule. The eMHA format can be completed in just 16 months and is entirely online.
Before beginning the eMHA program you will need to complete a Bachelor's degree and meet all program admissions requirements, including a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Please visit our How to Apply page for more information.
- MHA 6000: Health Systems & the Healthcare Economy (3)
- MHA 6100: Leading & Managing People in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6200: Population Health and Data Analytics (3)
- MHA 6240: Human Resources Management in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6249: Accounting and Finance Principals for Healthcare Managers (3)
- MHA 6250: Healthcare Finance (3)
- MHA 6300: Quality Improvement and Risk Management in Health Organizations (3)
- MHA 6320: Health Policy and Economics (3)
- MHA 6350: Decision Making for Healthcare Leaders (3)
- MHA 6400: Strategic Health Planning and Marketing (3)
- MHA 6440: Health Ethics and Law (3)
- MHA 6450: Health Informatics (3)
- MHA 6500: INT Field Work (3)*
Total credit hours: 39
- MHA 6140: Post-Acute Care Administration (3)
- MHA 6160: Medical Group Management (3)
- MHA 6180: Healthcare Entrepreneurship (3)
- MHA 6360: Comparative International Health Systems (3)
- MHA 6370: Executive Leadership Seminars in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6850: MHA Study Abroad (3)
Total credit hours: 6 required
View the full course catalog for more details.
Great care is in demand. Be Brilliant.
meet with our advisor and get started today!
We are here to help you! If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our Executive Master of Health Administration, please connect with us today and start pursuing your dream tomorrow!