WSU College of Education Fingerprinting Office (ED 022)
FALL 2018 Semester DATES/TIMES (subject to change)
Effective Sept 7---You must have your USBE authorization letter to be fingerprinted for Educator License fingerprinting
Fall 2018 Semester Appointment Schedule - Coming soon
IMPORTANT NOTE: These dates are for WSU students needing fingerprint services associated with their course of study.
Additional dates may not be added, plan to make one of the scheduled for your Fall 2018 courses. Americorp applicants who need fingerprinting after the last scheduled day above, should contact the CCEL office for options.
How to complete the background process:
- Contact the program that needs to collect your criminal record information for information about paperwork, fees and signatures (see program list below).
- Make a fingerprinting appointment through the Teacher Education Advisement Center either in person (ED 230) or by phone (801-626-7694).
- Obtain the required signatures, required additional paperwork, and pay the required fees. You will need to take your fingerprint application with you to the Cashier's Office to pay your fees. The Cashier's Office will require you to have the appointment date/time filled out to pay your fees. You will NOT be fingerprinted unless the paperwork is properly completed.
- Bring your form(s) and government issued ID (Driver's license or Passport) with you to your fingerprinting appointment.
If you have questions about the fingerprinting process and the Moyes College of Education Fingerprint Office policies, see our FAQ.
For answers to questions about what you need to do to be fingerprinted, please contact the individual associated with your specific educational program:
- Teacher Education--(link to Teacher Education background instructions)
- Melba S. Lehner Children's School Activities--Camie Bearden, Children's School Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Child and Family Studies (outside MSL Children's School activities)--See your course professor, or the email/letter you were sent for your course
- Athletic Training Undergraduate--Matt Donahue (email@example.com)
- Athletic Training Graduate--Valerie Herzog (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Americorp/CCEL--Carla Jones (email@example.com)
- Non-WSU Student Teacher Relicensing--Visit the USBE Background Check website (formerly the USOE) for information including contact information on other LiveScan Fingerprinting sites in the community.
- Child Care Licensing (UT Dept of Health)--Call 801-626-7837
Notice about your criminal record information
Your fingerprints and other data will be sent to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (UTBCI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for the purpose of obtaining your regional and national criminal record information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy of any information contained within the FBI criminal history record. The procedure for changing, correcting or updating an FBI criminal history record can be found in Title 28, CFR, 16.34. You may have the right to challenge the accuracy of information obtained from UTBCI. You may also have the right to see or be informed of the specific criminal record information obtained by the qualifying entity according to Utah State Law. State and federal laws preclude the physical and electronic dissemination of the contents of your criminal record information to anyone other than the qualifying entity that initially requested your information, including the yourself. You may obtain a copy of your criminal record information by contacting the Utah State Bureau of Criminal Identification.
The WSU LiveScan Fingerprinting Office can only submit electronic versions of fingerprints for Weber State University programs, Utah State Office of Education licensing, and other select Utah State education related programs. We cannot do printed fingerprint cards, or fingerprint you for programs outside the state of Utah.