Frequently Asked Questions About Travel


1. What are WSU's Policies and Procedures for travel?

See WSU's Policy Procedure Manual - Section (5-32) V Procedures

2. Where do I get travel logs?

Group Travel logs can be ordered from the Purchasing Department at x6014. Individual travel logs are no longer used and individual travel should be processed through the eWeber portal Travel Reimbursement app.

3. How do I fill out the travel logs?

See the WSU Policy Procedures Manual - Section (5-32) V Procedures Note: Travel logs are required only for an overnight stay, and only pertain to group travel.

4. How do I make a travel reservation?

Contact the State Contract Travel Agency directly. Inform them that the travel is for Weber State University. Provide the destination, departure date and time, return date and time. If necessary, make reservations for car rental (using State Contracts) and lodging reservations. Secure the travel reservation using your University Purchasing Card.

5. Which Travel Agency has a State Contract with WSU, and how do I contact them?

The State Contract Travel Agency can make any travel arrangements for you: airfare, car rental and lodging.

Christopherson Travel..........toll free (866) 489-9834 State Travel Office State Office Building Room 1170 Salt Lake City, UT 84114

Travelers may use other travel agencies, however other agencies will not be able to provide "State Contract" rates for airfare and car rental. If purchased through the State Contract Agency, the airline tickets are refundable, a Saturday night stay is not required, and tickets can be purchased up to the day of travel. Travelers may purchase airline tickets over the Internet by using their University Purchasing Card.

6. Which Car Rental Agencies are State Approved?

  • Enterprise.....................WSU Corporate ID#XZ47075
  • Hertz.......................WSU Corporate ID#0198552

All car rental state contracts include unlimited mileage for rentals returned to the original renting location. They all carry full collision damage waivers. There is no charge for additional drivers. The minimum age for drivers is 21 years old. All car rentals can be booked through the travel agencies.

Car rentals which are not on state contract are not covered through State Risk Management and are subject to a $10,000 deductible payable by the traveler, department or WSU.

7. What are State Contract Air Fare Rates?

State Contract Air Fare Rates are airfare contracts set up with different airlines and the State of Utah between Salt Lake City and various cities throughout the United States and Canada. State Contract Air Fare Rates can only be obtained through Christopherson Travel. These are one-way base fares. Taxes and a $25 service fee are additional. The tickets are refundable, a Saturday night stay is not required, and tickets can be purchased up to the day of travel.

8. What are the Per Diem rates, Mileage rates, and Standard mileage between cities?

Per Diem - see PPM Section 5.32 Schedule I

Mileage rates - see PPM Section 5-32 Schedule I

Standard mileage - 
for commonly traveled to locations from the WSU Ogden campus refer to the standard mileage chart. Unless actual odometer readings are used, distances will be determined by using standard highway mileage charts and current road maps.

9. When do I need to complete the travel logs and submit them by?

Travel Logs are only required for an overnight stay.

Part I must be completed prior to the trip. Provide general information, obtain cost code stamp and authorized signatures.

Part II & III are to be filled out during and after the trip.

Part IV & V are to be completed within 10 days of return Section 5-32 Schedule V.
All amounts due to Weber State or to be reimbursed to the traveler must be reconciled with the cashier within 10 days.

10. Does WSU pay for personal long-distance calls?

Personal phone calls are considered to be a per diem item. Section 5-32 Schedule I.