Plan Your Trip
Below is information listed that pertains to both individual and group travel from Weber State University. When you are ready to set up your trip, please contact Lanea Blosser from Christopherson Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (801) 327-7653
In order to be compensated for your trip, you must follow Weber's travel policy. Before booking your trip, it is recommended that you review the travel policy: Travel Policy PDF
Please provide the following information when obtaining a quote:
- The passenger traveling for Weber State University
- The passenger's name as it appears on their official government issued ID and date of birth (for TSA purposes)
- The passenger's destination
- The passenger's departure date and preferable time
- The passenger's return date and preferable time
- Indicate whether you need the travel agent to make lodging and car rental reservations
Please use the following link to review the current state airfare contracts https://finance.utah.gov/state-travel-a-2/state-travel-contracts/airline-contracts/
Helpful Hints on Airfare:
- When working with the travel agency with the state contract, always have them check the state contract rate. You should never pay more than state contract rates. These tickets also have certain advantages. Tickets purchased at state contract rates can be changed or cancelled without penalty fees and they don't require a minimum of advance purchase days.
- Be sure to check your airline ticket as soon as you receive it to verify that the travel dates, destination, and times are what you requested. Airlines usually assess penalty fees for changes and cancellations.
To view fares for authorized airlines go to: State Airline Contracts
Group Travel: If you are arranging for a group of people traveling on behalf of WSU, please contact WSU Travel Services to make the arrangements for the group travel.
Individual Travel: Lodging for your departmental guests, call or use the booking links provided below. Provide your P-Card number for payment, and indicate if the payment is for lodging only or lodging, meals, and incidentals.
Complete the appropriate credit card authorization form and fax it to the hotel. After the departmental guest checks out, the hotel will email a receipt to you for your P-Card records thus eliminating the need to submit a requisition.
Courtyard by Marriott
247 24th Street
Ogden, UT 84401
Please use this link for reservations: Book your corporate rate for Weber State University
Hotel website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ogdcy-courtyard-ogden
Please note that the Weber State University individual traveler rate is currently $107 a night, plus applicable taxes. Group rates involving 10 or more guest rooms may be obtained through the hotel Sales Department at (801)395-2049 or via email email@example.com.
Featuring 193 renovated guest rooms and suites along with a redesign of its spacious lobby, the Ogden Courtyard by Marriott is ideally located in the heart of downtown Ogden, just steps from the vibrant restaurant and entertainment district of Historic 25th Street. Among the hotel’s guest room amenities are complimentary WIFI, spacious accommodations with working desk and sitting area, expanded Cable TV, in room coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and same day laundry and valet service(Mon.-Fri). Additional amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, and a fitness room. Restaurant on site.
Planning a meeting? The hotel provides a perfect setting for conferences and meetings up to 175 attendees. Dedicated hotel meeting professionals handle all details from meeting room set-up to coffee breaks, luncheons, and audio visual services to assure a successful conference experience for all attendees. Please speak with our Sales Managers to provide further information on facilities and availability.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Ogden
2401 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401
Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden is a proud hotel partner to Weber State university. Our Weber State Rate includes a complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast, WiFi, and Parking. We are the closest branded property to Weber State University, and look forward to taking care of you and your guests. Hampton Inn of Ogden is a beautiful historic bank building that is freshly renovated, and in the middle of the heart of downtown Ogden. We are one block away from Ogden’s 25th street which was recently voted one of the ‘Top 10 streets in America’ by the American Planning Association; Within 2 blocks of the hotel you will find art galleries, nightlife, micro-breweries, rock climbing, indoor surfing & indoor skydiving, 20+ Local restaurants, movie theatres, and comedy club.
Please feel free to reach out to Paige Young, should you have any questions.
Helpful Hints For Hotels:
- Ask for the best rate available. In some cases a local promotion may be less than your booked rate. Often a hotel will, at the last minute, release a block of rooms being held and lower rates will be available.
- Be sure to know what your booked rate includes (breakfast, free local calls, etc.) to make sure you are getting the better rate.
- Ask about the availability of lower rates when you check in.
- Guaranteed reservations means that the hotel will hold your room until you arrive. It also means that if you do not cancel according to the hotel's policy, you will be charged for one night's stay.
- Always request and check hotel confirmations. Hotels may assess penalty fees for changes and you want to be sure the nights of stay and rates are correct.
The preferred car rental agencies are Enterprise, National, and Hertz. For more information go to: State Rental Car Contracts
- Enterprise.................WSU Corporate ID# XZ47241
- National Car Rental.....WSU Contract ID #XZ47241
- Hertz ........................WSU Corporate Discount# CDP 0198552
Enterprise and National contracts allow Weber State students, 18 years and older, to drive for official University business/events.
If you rent a vehicle outside the 50 United States, insurance is only included in the contract rate with National. Deductibles apply, please contact State Travel for details.
Note: Car rentals which are not on state contract are not covered through State Risk Management and are subject to a $10,000 deductible payable by the traveler or the department.
Other Helpful Web Pages
- www.owanda.com (currency exchange rates)
- www.mytravelrights.com (see your rights for canceled flights, delays, and bumping)