Key Issuance Guidelines
This document provides guidance for the issuance of various key types by the Facilities Management Key & Lock Shop.
- Grand Master Keys may be issued only to staff in Public Safety and Facilities Management when a demonstrated need exists and the appropriate director (or a higher ranking position) recommends the issuance. The Vice President for Administrative Services (or authorized designee) will have final approval for the issuance of Grand Master Keys.
- Building Master Keys may be issued to Deans, designated Building Directors, or to administrative office personnel. All Building Master Keys must have Vice Presidential level approval prior to issuance.
- Department Master Keys may be issued to Department Heads and/or others with demonstrated and appropriate need.
- Department Sub-Master Keys may be issued to persons authorized by Deans, Department Heads, or Building Directors.
- Building Entrance Keys may be issued to individuals with a demonstrated need for after-hours access.
- Individual Room Keys may be issued to individuals with a continuing need for access to such rooms.
- Facilities Keys will be issued only to staff in Public Safety and Facilities Management. All Facilities Keys must have the approval of the Associate Vice President for Facilities and Campus Planning prior to issuance.
- Doors with Electronic Access: Steel keys will not be issued to doors with electronic access without prior written approval from the Associate Vice President for Facilities and Campus Planning.