FM Hourly Student Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program

Weber State University Facilities Management (FM) now provides tuition reimbursement of up to $750 per semester to student hourly employees.* All degree-seeking students that are hourly employees in FM may be eligible.**

Don’t work for us yet? Apply today! Start earning some money and get some for FREE!
Together we help keep everyone safer on campus.

*Dependent on available funding, length of time working for FM, and how much you paid to WSU. Program not guaranteed every semester.

**Some scholarships and financial aid may impact eligibility. Please see supervisor for details.



How do I get my tuition reimbursement?

You will need to pay your tuition by the university due date of the current semester. To get reimbursed, present your paid tuition bill dated within 1 month of finals to Robert Jeans, FM Budget Clerk, and he will work with payroll to add the reimbursement to your paycheck.

Tuition reimbursement is a taxable benefit.

How soon do I get my tuition reimbursement?

Tuition reimbursements will be processed 1 week before finals near the end of the semester.

How much money do I get?

The tuition reimbursement amount is prorated throughout the sememster based on how long you work for FM during that semester and how much tuition/expenses you paid. See the diagram below:

Amount of time

< 25%

26% - 50%

51% - 75%

75% - 100%

Payment amount up to:





What can be covered by the reimbursement?

Tuition that isn't covered by other grants or scholarships, books and other required course materials, and internantional student insurance. Receipts must be provided and are subject to review for compliance. Other expenses can be reviewed but are not guaranteed.

Do I have to be a full-time student?

You don’t have to be a full-time student, but you must be seeking a degree.

How many hours a week do I have to work to qualify?

To qualify for tuition reimbursment, you will need to work an average of 20 hours per week.

What happens if I have to drop our or don’t complete the semester?

Students that drop out or fail to complete the semester will not be eligible for future tuition assistance through FM.

What happens if I drop out of any or all of my classes before the tuition refund deadline?

No reimbursement will be given for tuition paid that is not refunded due to dropping class after the refund date. Reimbursement will only be given to completed courses.

What happens if I quit my position before the end of the semester?

If given two weeks notice to supervisor and Robert Jeans, your tuition reimbursement will be calculated based on the amount of time you worked throughout the semester and be paid accordingly. If no notice is given, we will not be able to process your payment.

Do I have to be in a related field of study to qualify?

Courses or pursued degree do not need to be related to job duties in FM to qualify for reimbursement.

Can I get tuition assistance if I’m attending a college or university other than Weber State?

Tuition assistance can be used at other accredited higher education institutions.