Driver Safety & Certification
Please read these instructions in their entirety prior to proceeding to the training.
Employees, volunteers and students who drive for University business, in either campus or personal vehicles, must visit the website (linked below) and follow the instructions to complete or renew an expired/expiring defensive driving training and certification and to learn more about the new training program.
All certifications on the online program are good for two years.
After completing the certification, please forward your emailed certificate to email@example.com with your department name and mail code in the body of the email. You may also mail a hard copy to Dept 2622, Attn: Fleet Management, with your department name and mail code noted on your certification. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Marette at extension 7714 or Mike Whetton at extension 6294.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
The Defensive Driving Certification is available on the State of Utah, Risk Management website:
Clicking the above link will take you directly to the training website.
Driver Training & Certification Instructions
1. The training is accessed through risk.utah.gov
2. Click Utah Learning Portal-Risk Training
3. Click Public and Higher Ed-Access the Portal
4. If you have not created a username and password through the Portal, do so through Sign up here, otherwise, login.
a. Use WSU for the keyword
5. Click Defensive Driver Training
6. Watch the video and take the test
7. Return to My Plan, click your certificate and print for interoffice delivery to 2622 or send an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Send a copy to your department head or secretary (all departments should track their drivers)