Driver Safety & Certification
Read these instructions in their entirety prior to proceeding to the training.
Employees, volunteers, and students who drive for University business (in either campus or personal vehicles) must visit the website (linked below) and follow the instructions to complete or renew an expired/expiring defensive driving training certification. All certifications on the online program are good for two years.
After completing the training course, please forward your certificate to email@example.com with your department name and mail code in the body of the email. You may also mail a hard copy to Dept 2622, Attn: Fleet Management, with your department name and mail code noted on your certificate. If you have any questions or concerns, call 801-626-7220.
Driver Training & Certification Instructions
- Go to the State of Utah Learning Portal
- Follow the on screen instructions to sign up (first time users) or sign in.
- Complete the Defensive Driver Training and take the test.
- Send a copy of your certification to Fleet Management at mail code 2622 or an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, include your department name or mail code.
- Send a copy of your certification to your department head or secretary (all departments should track their drivers).
Before taking the training, be sure your web browser is updated, the video tutorial may glitch if an older browser is being used.