Are you eligible for this special tuition waiver? Please read Utah Code 53B-8c-103 for more information. Should you have questions or need clarification, contact the Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice at 801-626-6146 or the WSU Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at 801-626-7569.
How to Apply
(You will be completing the Specialized Scholarship Application)
- Go to www.weber.edu.
- Click on eWeber (top left-hand corner of the homepage)
- Under "Categories" select "Financial Aid"
- Click on "Specialized Scholarship Application"
- Select the aid year you want to apply for
- Be sure to select the "Are you the dependant or spouse of a National Guardsman, Utah peace officer, or a Utah firefigher who was killed in the line of duty" question in the "Personal Information" section of the online application
- Upload verification that: 1) you are the surviving spouse or child of a peace officer or firefighter who was killed in the line of duty (for example, a signed/dated letter on official department letterhead from the agency that employed the deceased officer or firefighter at the time of his/her death in the line of duty) and 2) verification that the course or courses you intend to use the tuition waiver for meet the requirements outlined in Utah Code 53B-8c-103 (for example, a signed/date letter from a Criminal Justice or General Education advisor on official WSU letterhead stating that the course or courses you intend to use the tuition waiver for meet the necessary requirements) - see the bottom of the "Specialized Scholarship Application" for how to submit these documents
- Be sure to get a confirmation upon completion of the online application (if you don't, call the Financial Aid & Scholarhsip Office for assistance: 801-626-7569)