Think college is out of reach? We'll help you get there and beyond.
Qualifications for Participating in Upward Bound
- Neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree
- And/or family is low-income according to federal guidelines
Priority is given to applicants who are both first-generation college and low-income.
To Stay In Program
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA minimum
- Maintain good school attendance and citizenship
- Participate in Upward Bound services and program activities
- Complete the six-week Summer Residential Academic Program each year
Why Enroll In Upward Bound
Upward Bound staff provides advising, tutoring, community service opportunities, field trips,cultural activities, and more. We’ll help you:
- Complete high school
- Explore career options
- Explore colleges and majors
- Score well on college entrance tests
- Secure grants and scholarships for college
- Complete the college admissions process
- Expand your horizons
Still not sure? Browse our Frequently Asked Questions for more information, or contact a staff member by phone or email.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION
Please note: The application consists of 3 parts: Student Information, Parent/Guardian Income and Education Verification, and Release of Student Records and Information. The application must be completed in one sitting - you cannot save your work and come back later.