Global Community Engaged Learning
- Undertake projects in developing nations with in-country partners
- Alleviate poverty
- Involve students to help them develop various skills and increase confidence
- Create proactive global citizens
- Foster strong collaborations with local organizations and global communities
- Align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Upcoming Humanitarian Project
GCEL Project History
- 2023 - Taru, Kenya - Constructed a community learning center.
- 2022 - Accra, Ghana - Built blocks for student housing, medical outreach and acoustical beautification of classroom and dining hall.
- 2021 - Covid delayed Ghana trip
- 2020 - Nabouwalu, Fiji - Installed 30 lab computers, built covered walkways between classrooms and remodeled bathrooms.
- 2019 - Nabouwalu, Fiji - Constructed a classroom, expanded the kindergarten, installed water harvesting off school and rebuilt the village hall.
- 2018 - Tororo, Uganda - Constructed a perimeter security fence for a medical clinic and school as well as drinking fountains on the playgrounds.
- 2017 - Boane, Mozambique - Constructed a library and two classrooms.
- 2016 - Chiclayo, Peru - Constructed a women's center, children's preschool and laid one kilometer of water pipes.
- 2015 - Chiang Rai, Thailand - Built a kitchen and dining hall for an orphanage.
- 2014 - Boane, Mozambique - Constructed a women's center.
- 2008 - Kigali, Rwanda - Installed solar panels and drilled water well.