Scholarship Thank You Letter
Congratulations on your scholarship! As part of accepting your award, you must write a letter to thank the donor who made it possible.
- Please type your letter.
- Address the letter to: Dear Scholarship Donor,
- Include the name of the scholarship that you received in your letter.
- Be sincere.
- Briefly tell the donor:
- Why this scholarship is important to you and/or your family
- How receiving this scholarship has impacted your academic career
- How receiving this scholarship will positively impact your future
- Any information about your background, goals, interests and activities that you would like to share with the donor
- Express gratitude and use the words thank you within your letter.
- If you wish, include a nice photograph of yourself.
- Be accurate and have someone else proofread your letter for correct spelling and grammar.
- Please include your W number.
- Please remember to sign your letter.
- Return your letter to the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office within 14 days after accepting your scholarship(s) online.
- Send your thank you letter as a PDF or Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment
These letters mean a lot to our donors. Your thoughtfulness will help show them how their generosity makes a real difference!