Scholarship Thank You Letter
Congratulations on your scholarship! As part of accepting your award, you must write a letter to thank the donor who made it possible.
- Please type your letter.
- Address the letter to: Dear Scholarship Donor,
- Include the name of the scholarship that you received in your letter.
- Be sincere.
- Briefly tell the donor:
- Why this scholarship is important to you and/or your family
- How receiving this scholarship has impacted your academic career
- How receiving this scholarship will positively impact your future
- Any information about your background, goals, interests and activities that you would like to share with the donor
- Express gratitude and use the words thank you within your letter.
- If you wish, include a nice photograph of yourself.
- Be accurate and have someone else proofread your letter for correct spelling and grammar.
- Please include your W number.
- Please remember to sign your letter.
- Return your letter to the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office within 14 days after accepting your scholarship(s) online. This can be either in person or by sending your thank you letter as a PDF or Word Document to email@example.com as an attachment.
These letters mean a lot to our donors. Your thoughtfulness will help show them how their generosity makes a real difference!