The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship allows out-of-state children and grandchildren of Weber State alumni to attend WSU and pay in-state tuition. This represents a savings of $9,200.00 per year.
WSU offers small classes, the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on undergraduate research and service learning, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
To qualify for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted and enrolled at WSU in an undergraduate program.
- Have at least one parent or grandparent who has earned an associate's degree or higher from WSU. (Verification is required.)
- Complete the Specialized Scholarship Application
- Have a 2.5 high school GPA or transfer GPA
- This nonresident tuition waiver pays the "nonresident" portion of tuition for a full time student (12-18 credits). It is available for 8 semesters (fall and spring semesters only). Summer semester does not count as part of the 8-semester limit.
- You are responsible for resident tuition and any applicable fees.
- Nonresident students pay only resident tuition if you attend summer semester.
- This nonresident tuition waiver is for new students attending WSU after July 1, 2009.
- Only direct blood descendants or legal adoptions are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Stepchildren or foster children are not eligible.
- Time spent in Utah on the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship cannot be counted toward establishing resident student status. However, the waiver will be available for 8 semesters.
To be eligible for scholarships:
- Complete the application for admission to WSU.
- Complete the scholarship application via the eWeber portal each year.
If you have questions or would like to discuss other opportunities such as financial aid, other scholarship opportunities, financial arrangements, and or residency requirements for non-resident students, please email our office at Scholarship@weber.edu.
Note: Other requirements may apply. For further scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at 800-848-7770, or visit us at the WSU Ogden campus, Student Services Building, Room 120.