The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship allows out-of-state children and grandchildren of Weber State alumni to attend WSU and pay in-state tuition. This represents a savings of $9,500.00 per year.
WSU offers small classes, the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on undergraduate research and service learning, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
To qualify for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted and enrolled at WSU in an undergraduate program.
- Have at least one parent or grandparent who has earned an associate's degree or higher from WSU.
- Have a 2.5 high school GPA or transfer GPA
- Complete the application for admission to WSU.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- This nonresident tuition waiver pays the "nonresident" portion of tuition for a full time student (12-18 credits). It is available for 8 semesters (fall and spring semesters only). Summer semester does not count as part of the 8-semester limit.
- You are responsible for resident tuition and any applicable fees.
- Nonresident students pay only resident tuition if you attend summer semester.
- This nonresident tuition waiver is for new students attending WSU after July 1, 2009.
- Only direct blood descendants or legal adoptions are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Stepchildren or foster children are not eligible.
Note: Other requirements may apply.
For further scholarship information, please contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-626-7569.