First Year Experience Peer Mentor Activity Waiver Agreement
TO ALL ACTIVE MENTORS:
Please read this carefully and make certain that you understand the conditions affecting the activity waiver before going to your student portal to accept any activity waiver from First Year Experience.
Activity waivers are given to eligible FYE mentors who have been assigned to mentor in an FYE 1105 class during the current semester (summer, fall, or spring). Please keep in mind that the section must have a high enough enrollment so that the class will be held. The conditions of the waiver are as follows:
- Mentors must be enrolled for and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours for the semester in order to receive the activity waiver. Dropping below a minimum of 12 hours or failure to complete mentoring may require repayment of current semester waiver.
- Compensation will be awarded each semester in amounts dependent on how many semesters the mentor has been in service. A break in service is permitted; service for consecutive semesters is not required.
- It is the responsibility of the student to maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 in order to keep the activity waiver. Dropping below the minimum will result in loss of the waiver. Notification will not be made by Scholarships or FYE.
- Activity waivers are for resident tuition only and do not include the student fees or other special fees assessed by the university. Activity waivers will not cover independent study, distance learning/contract courses, credit/no credit or audit course work.
- Activity waivers and academic waivers can only be combined up to the cost of tuition. If a mentor is already receiving other waivers (academic or activity), they may not be eligible to receive the FYE activity waiver or the amount may need to be reduced. The Financial Aid & Scholarship Office can answer specific questions about waivers.
- In the event that medical conditions or other circumstances beyond the mentor’s control prevent the completion of these terms, mentors must notify the coordinator of the First Year Experience program. Mentors may then request assistance from the Scholarship office.
Failure to comply with the above conditions will result in the withdrawal of the activity waiver.