Utah Technology Apprenticeship Program (UTAP)
Utah companies can’t find enough talent to fill open tech jobs—and these jobs pay an average of 75% more than other industries. The Utah Technology Apprenticeship Program connects local talent with local industry to increase access to tech career opportunities and fill open positions. Tech apprenticeships are full-time, with benefits.
Together with Weber State University, Silicon Slopes, Association of Information Management, Department of Workforce Services, and STEM Action Center, UTAP is accepting applications for tech apprenticeships.
Steps to apprenticeship:
- Register and pass the assessment (math, critical thinking, and soft skills). Assessment prep resources found here.
- Phone interview with UTAP to gather information regarding occupational interests and training needs.
- Register with the Department of Workforce Training Services. (Instructions will be emailed.)
- In-person interview with UTAP to determine which companies are the right fit for you.
- Interview with our partner companies to secure an apprenticeship.
- Begin apprenticeship with additional tech skills training, if needed.
- Continue apprenticeship with paid, full-time on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Cloud Operations Specialist
- CRM/CMS Developer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Database Administrator
- IT Business Analyst
- IT Support Professional
- Network Operations Developer
- Network Security Administrator
- Software Analyst
- Software Developer
- Systems Administrator
- Technical Sales Specialist
- Web Developer