OCF X: April 7-8, 2017
The Outdoor Program at Weber State University, GEAR:30, and the Front Climbing Club are proud to host the tenth annual Ogden Climbing Festival (OCF X). The Ogden Climbing Festival is the premier climbing event in the region. The Festival brings together climbers from all climbing disciplines to introduce them to best of Ogden Utah.
The OCF boasts two days of incredible events from educational climbing clinics for all abilities, stewardship and service opportunities, equipment demo's, and an inspiring keynote speaker (TBA). The OCF brings together climbers, educators, retailers, and top companies to carry on the rich climbing tradition of Ogden, Utah.
Friday, April 7
-- OCF X Equipment Demo and FREE Climbing at The Front Ogden Climbing Club --
- Try equipment from the climbing industries leading brands and support the sponsors of the Ogden Climbing Festival.
- Find out what else OCF X has to offer!
- Register for Saturday's events: stewardship and clinics.
- More details TBA
Saturday, April 9
-- Stewardship Event: Trail Work and Crag Clean-up --
- 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Help us improve access trails and prevent erosion in the Ogden Boulder Field and Schoolroom Climbing area.
-- Free Lunch for Participants --
- 12 - 1 p.m.
- Free food
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah)
-- Free Educational Climbing Clinics and Field Labs --
- 1-5 p.m.
- Lower Ogden Boulder Field (park and check-in at Saint Joseph High School located at 1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map).
- Check-in and meet your group at the registration table.
-- OCF X Keynote Presentation --
- 6-9 p.m.
- Presenter TBA
Last year, we saw amazing presentations from Mike Libeki and Alex Puccio:
Mountain Hardwear, Black Diamond, Clif Bar athlete and National Geographic Explorer
Mike Libecki will be presenting some of his most recent expeditions from remote areas of Antarctica, Greenland, Africa, the jungles of Marquesas Islands. From climbing first ascents and skiing first descents, to polar bears, arctic sea-ice mayhem, humanitarian efforts and the art of joyineering. This is quite a unique show like you have not seen before.
Come on, get social and come have some fun and study a bit of joyology with us! The time is now. Why ration passion? Hope to see you there! -Libecki
Alex Puccio is one the world's strongest climbers. Besides an impressive list of podium finishes at the World Cup and nearly a decade of dominance at ABS Nationals, Alex is the only woman to ever climb multiple V14s and ranks among the world's top boulderers regardless of gender.
OCF X Event Hosts
2016 Sponsors Included