Advanced Placement (AP) & Other Tests for Credit

Students may have their AP, CLEP, IB or DSST scores sent directly to Weber State University or bring them to the Admissions Office. Once we have received the scores there is an application that needs to be filled out. There is also a $10 processing fee that needs to be paid at the Cashiers Office. This fee needs to be paid before credit can be posted. Click here to print the application. We will then evaluate your scores and post the appropriate credit to your transcript.  Please be aware that it can take up to two (2) weeks to post AP, CLEP, IB and DSST scores to your record.


Students interested in taking any credit exam should verify in advance if their scores will be accepted by the institution and what credit will be earned.  

Weber State University is not responsible for any credit test scores that are not accepted by other institutions. To verify what scores Weber State accepts, please click on the guideline links below. Keep in mind, credit granted for test scores may be changed at any time.



Advanced Placement Examinations
To earn college credit, you must complete one or more high school Advance Placement (AP) courses and take the AP examinations while still in high school.  Weber State University grants course credit for AP scores of 3, 4, or 5 as determined by the appropriate department and noted in the yearly posted guidelines (Please note that some departments require a minimum score of 4 to receive any credit).

AP Guidelines

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Up to 30 credits may be granted for passing of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) General exams. Each exam is multiple choice and 90 minutes in length. The CLEP exams are given in the Student Service Testing Center, Room 262. Register at at least one day in advance. The fee for each CLEP test is $80.00 plus a nonrefundable $20.00 fee to WSU at time of registration.  

Admitted students can earn college credit by completing one or more of the general or subject examinations offered by our
testing center

CLEP Guidelines

International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
Admitted students can earn college credit for International Baccalaureate (IB) credit by completing the IB diploma and/or scoring a 5, 6 or 7 on one or more of the Higher Level Subject Exams.

IB Guidelines

DANTES Examinations (DSST)
Admitted students can earn college credit by completing one or more of the DSST subject exams. 

DSST Guidelines

Special Departmental Examinations
Often, admitted students are proficient in a subject not covered by College Level Exams. In that case, they can often work with the academic departments involved to schedule tests for credit. The Testing Center has more details.

Foreign Language Credit
Students who have prior foreign language experience can earn college credit in a number of ways. They may pass a foreign language credit  exam as directed by the foreign language department, or they may pass a higher level course with a grade of C or better. Details are available at the Foreign Language Department. A student may receive up to 15 credits through passing the exam or by taking an upper division course

Weber State UniversityOgden, Utah 84408

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseNondiscrimination Policy