Student Staff Positions
The Women's Center offers hourly positions for student staff members. All students involved with the Women’s Center receive training on office administration, violence prevention and advocacy, feminist theory, social justice, and a wide variety of professional skills.
- Holistic leadership development
- Opportunities to practice connecting academic learning with co-curricular learning and meaningful work
- Training in feminist theory, violence prevention, advocacy services, social justice education, professional competencies, and office administration
- Opportunities to build a portfolio of work highlighting original projects, presentations, and documents
Expectations and Requirements
- Students' projects focus on intersections between the student’s personal, professional development or academic goals, as well as the Women’s Center’s mission and goals
- 10 - 20 hours working in the office per week, depending on the position (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Extended training before each semester (1-day staff retreats) and 2 - 3 hours of team meetings per week (included in the students' 20 hours of work)
- Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault Certified 40 Hour Advocacy Training (spread out over two weeks).
How To Apply
- Check out WSU's Human Resources website for our open Student Assistant positions! We have 5 positions in: Operations & Outreach Assistants, Safe@Weber Violence Prevention Education Program Assistant, and Education & Empowerment Assistants.
- Applications are open for the 2019 - 2020 academic year - we are hiring an Operations & Outreach Assistant! Search jobs.weber.edu for posting number H00183P.
- To apply for a student staff position, you must include a cover letter, resume, and current transcript. Please read the application thoroughly and ensure that you are following all directions in your cover letter submission.
- Must have a Weber State University GPA of 2.75 or higher, and maintain throughout employment at the Women’s Center.
- Must be a full-time student (12-18 credit hours per semester in Spring and Fall).
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
801-626-6090 | email@example.com |