This program offers professional development and leadership positions to students wanting to become involved with the Women’s Center. This includes positions for volunteers, interns, and hourly student staff members. All students involved with the Women’s Center receive training on office administration, violence prevention and advocacy, feminist theories, social justice education, and professional skills.
- Holistic leadership development
- Focus on bringing intersectional feminist theory into professional practice (praxis)
- Training in feminist theory, violence prevention, advocacy services, social justice education, professional competencies, and office administration
- Opportunities to build a portfolio of work highlighting original projects, presentations, and documents
Expectations and Requirements
- Student’s projects focus on intersections between the student’s personal, professional development or academic goals, as well as the Women’s Center’s mission and goals
- 10-20 hours per week, depending on the position (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Extended training before each semester (1-2 day training/retreats) and 1-2 hours of team meetings per week, and the Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault Certified 40 Hour Advocacy Training (generally spread out over two weeks in summer semester).
How To Apply
- Check out WSU's Human Resources website for our open Student Assistant positions! You can search for and apply under Posting Number H00183P. This is one pooled position, and we are hiring 4-5 people specifically for the positions of: Operations Assistant, Marketing & Social Media Assistant, Safe@Weber Violence Prevention Education Program Assistant, and Social Justice Education, Action, and Resource Program Assistant. This year, we are also excited to add a Davis Campus Program Assistant, under Posting Number H00265P.
- Upon interviewing with the Women’s Center, you must include a cover letter, resume, and current transcript. Please read the application thoroughly and ensure that you are following all directions in your cover letter submission
- Must have a Weber State University GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain throughout time at Women’s Center
- Must be a full-time student (12-18 credit hours per semester)
- Questions? Contact us! email@example.com
- Interested in a for-credit internship with the Women's Center? Email us for more information!
801-626-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org |