This program offers professional development and leadership positions to students wanting to become involved with the Women’s Center. This includes positions for volunteers, interns, student leaders (through a tuition waiver) and hourly student staff members. All students involved with the Women’s Center receive training on office administration, violence prevention and advocacy, feminist theories, social justice education and professional skills.
- Holistic leadership development
- Focus on bringing intersectional feminist theory into professional practice (praxis)
- Training in feminist theory, violence prevention, advocacy services, social justice education, professional competencies, and office administration
- Opportunities to build portfolio of work highlighting original projects, presentations and documents
Expectations and Requirements
- Student’s projects focus on intersections between the student’s personal, professional development or academic goals, as well as the Women’s Center’s mission and goals
- Student leaders: serve 10 hours per week fall and spring semester (minus last two weeks of term)
- Student hourly workers: 10-20 hours per week, depending on position
- Student interns: fulfillment of agreement between department and Women’s Center
- All: Extended trainings before each semester (1-2 day trainings/retreats) and 1-2 hours of team meetings per week
- Leaders and Hourly Workers: Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault Certified 40 Hour Advocacy Training (generally spread out over two weeks in summer semester)
How To Apply
- Must be a full time student (12-18 credit hours per semester)
- Must have a Weber State University GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain throughout time at Women’s Center
- Student Leaders: Must be a US Citizen/Affidavit and Utah Resident (student hourly workers and interns do not have to meet this requirement because those positions are not supported by funding from the state of Utah)
- Upon interviewing with the Women’s Center, you must include a cover letter, resume and current transcript
- Student leaders: Fill out your Financial Aid & Scholarships application for the next academic year, and mention “Women’s Center” in the essay fields. Then email us with your W# and what positions you're interested in! This is a tuition waiver, and you must complete both the Financial Aid & Scholarship application, as well as your FAFSA. We're looking for students specifically interested in:
- Graphic design and social media,
- Assessment and quantitative research,
- Technical writing,
- Or students looking for internships from the following departments/courses: COMM 4890, WGS 4860, SW 4860/4861, CHF 4860, or POLS 4880.
- Student hourly workers: Check out WSU's Human Resources website for our open student coordinator positions! You can search for and apply under Requistion Number #10690.
801-626-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org |