This program offers professional development and leadership positions to students wanting to become involved with the Women’s Center. This includes positions for volunteers, interns, and hourly student staff members. All students involved with the Women’s Center receive training on office administration, violence prevention and advocacy, feminist theories, social justice education, and professional skills.
- Holistic leadership development
- Focus on bringing intersectional feminist theory into professional practice (praxis)
- Training in feminist theory, violence prevention, advocacy services, social justice education, professional competencies, and office administration
- Opportunities to build a portfolio of work highlighting original projects, presentations, and documents
Expectations and Requirements
- Student’s projects focus on intersections between the student’s personal, professional development or academic goals, as well as the Women’s Center’s mission and goals
- 10-20 hours per week, depending on the position (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm)
- Extended training before each semester (1-2 day training/retreats) and 1-2 hours of team meetings per week, and the Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault Certified 40 Hour Advocacy Training (generally spread out over two weeks).
How To Apply
- Check out WSU's Human Resources website for our open Student Assistant positions! We usually hire 4-5 people specifically for the positions of: Operations Assistant, Marketing & Social Media Assistant, Safe@Weber Violence Prevention Education Program Assistant, Social Justice Education, Action & Resource Program Assistant, and Davis Campus Program Assistant. Applications have closed for the 2018-19 academic year - please check back in spring 2019!
- Upon interviewing with the Women’s Center, you must include a cover letter, resume, and current transcript. Please read the application thoroughly and ensure that you are following all directions in your cover letter submission.
- Must have a Weber State University GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain throughout time at Women’s Center.
- Must be a full-time student (12-18 credit hours per semester).
- Questions? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested in a for-credit internship with the Women's Center? Email us for more information!
801-626-6090 | email@example.com |