I was sexually or physically assaulted...
Rights & Options
When can I seek medical attention?
Ideally within 72 hours. You will be given a law enforcement case number and given the option to speak with a police officer. An advocate can be present to discuss reporting options and next steps with you.
A sexual assault nurse examiner can:
- Discuss concerns such as sexually transmitted infections, HIV and pregnancy
- Preserve evidence through a sexual assault forensic exam (it is free and does not require a commitment to report)
Where to go:
To have a forensic exam conducted by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE), contact:
When can I go to the police?
Weber State University Police are available 24/7 to discuss your options, take a report, and put you in contact with a nurse for a forensic exam.
- Report a sexual assault or domestic/dating violence. Officers are prepared to believe you, listen without judgment, and provide resources.
- Have a support person, advocate or friend with you.
- Speak with the WSU Police, regardless of where the crime occurred, if you have safety concerns on-campus.
WSU Police: 801-626-6460
When can I report the assault to the university?
Administrative investigations are conducted through the Title IX Coordinators & AA/EO staff Barry Gomberg and Aaron Garza. You can also contact the Safe@Weber Advocates, Jessica Pleyel or Paige Davies.
Options may include:
- Formal investigations
- Informal complaints
- No-contact directives
- Modifications to campus housing or work
- Academic accommodations
- Assistance with university petitions
AA/EO: 801-626-6240 or 801-626-6239 or email@example.com
Safe@Weber Advocate: 801-626-6090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When can I seek additional confidential support?
Counseling & Psychological Services is available to support you, listen to you and believe you. Safe@Weber Advocacy Services provides a confidential advocate Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.
Counseling & Psychological Services: (801-626-6406) Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Off-campus confidential resources include:
801-626-6090 | email@example.com |