Safe@Weber: Creating Healthy Relationships Together
At Safe@Weber Violence Prevention & Advocacy Services, we envision a future where all relationships are healthy and built upon a foundation of safety and respect. This future is full of engaged, supportive, and accountable communities. The cultivation of healthy relationships is accomplished through active respect, care, support, healthy boundaries, and shared power. We strive to create a community where there is no more violence, sexism, racism, ableism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, or xenophobia.
Our mission is to create safe and healthy relationships for all through collaboration, education, skill development, community action, and support.
Advocacy Services include:
- Protective Measures: developing a safety plan by identifying resources and strengths, assistance with interim measures such as no contact directives and class/housing changes, etc.
- Reporting: reporting sexual misconduct (sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, stalking) to the WSU Office for Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity (Title IX coordinator), and reporting crimes to Weber State Police Department
- Support: advocacy during institutional and law enforcement investigations (including presence during interviews and court appearances), assistance with institutional petitions, referrals to counseling, medical services, legal and financial resources, and assistance with possible academic modifications
WSU Advocate: Paige Davies | firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-626-6372 | SU 322
The Women's Center staff is not required to report sexual misconduct to the University. We do have to share some limited information with the WSPD about crimes committed on campus. Come talk to us so we can tell you more.
Other Confidential Resources Include:
- Weber State University Counseling and Psychological Services Center: 801-626-6406
- Your Community Connection (YCC) of Weber & Morgan counties: 801-392-7273 (24-hour crisis line)
- Safe Harbor of Davis County: 801-444-9161 (24-hour crisis line)
- Sego Lily Center for the Abused Deaf: video phone: 801-614-7885 | text: 801-997-0452 (24-hour crisis lines)
- Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault: 1-888-421-1100 (24-hour crisis line)
801-626-6090 | email@example.com |