User experience (UX) design is a growing interdisciplinary field focusing on the interaction between humans and technology and the design of meaningful and transformative user experiences. It focuses on having a deep understanding of users and their needs and using that understanding to guide the design of new sites, apps, products, and services.
This certificate provides students with the hiqh-quality training in the main areas of UX including design, prototyping, accessibility, and user research methods. Students receiving this certificate will possess a level of competency that will prepare them to work as UX designers and/or researchers.
- Complete all 5 courses no later than the first block of summer semester 2023.
- Admitted to Weber State University as a degree seeking student (funding available for admissions fee).
- Must be a Utah resident
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I do this certificate online?
This certificate is not an online certificate. Some courses will be required to taken in-person.
- Where are courses offered?
Courses are offered during the day on the Ogden Campus.
- Can I enroll anytime?
No, courses follow the typical Weber State semester schedules. Classes will start fall 2022 semester (Aug. 29) and students who wish to participate in the grant program will need to start on that day.
- Are courses self-paced or am I able to accelerate?
Courses are not accelerated or self-paced and may require group collaboration.
- What does the grant cover?
The grant will cover tuition and fees, plus a stipend for books and supplies.
Recommended Course Sequence
- WEB 1400 (online)
- WEB 2500 (9:30-10:20 a.m. virtual on M, W; in-person on Friday)
Note: delivery method and days/times of classes available in late October
- WEB 2620
- WEB 3500
- WEB 3600