Recruitment & Enrollment Subcommittee
This subcommittee strives for modest annual increases in enrollment by continually examining various market segments, including:
- Non-resident new freshman and transfer students
- Resident new freshman and transfer students
- Concurrent enrollment and early college students
- Stop-outs, drop-outs, local community, non-traditional and international students
Charges for 2021-2022
- Increase student enrollment.
- Implement mandatory New Student Orientation.
- Establish guidelines for microcredentials.
- Reduce barriers to paying for college.
- Reduce student “melt."
- Improve student success through timely communication.
Activities and Initiatives for 2021-2022
- Utilize the CRM software for managing enrollment funnels of various markets to increase enrollment.
- Increase the number of enrolled international students.
- Require all new students complete New Student Orientation beginning summer 2022.
- Establish “High School Pathways” for academic stacking of credentials.
- Promote “affordability” options and ideas to increase access to higher education.
- Reduce student “melt” between time of admission and registering for classes. Utilize chat-bot and texting by creating a Rapid Response Team.
- Improve marketing and communication to incoming students.
- Formalize networking between WSU and feeder high schools by creating “advisory councils” involving specific WSU departments, high school counselors and CTE coordinators.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes & Documents
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.