The Weber State University chapter holds fall and spring events with an aim of bringing people together to discuss women in higher education and their issues.
Utah Women in Higher Education Network
The Utah Women in Higher Education Network (UWHEN) aims to advance women’s leadership on higher education campuses through meaningful connections. The Weber State University Chapter welcomes you to join us at informative talks, roundtable discussions, book clubs, luncheons and other events that promote inclusion and leadership roles for women in higher education. WSU faculty and staff of all genders are members and encouraged to participate.
UWHEN is the Utah affiliate to the American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network. As such, UWHEN has adopted the ACE Women’s Network mission towards advancing women’s leadership in higher education campuses through the following (IDEALS):
- Identifying women leaders
- Developing women’s leadership abilities
- Encouraging the use of leadership abilities
- Advancing women’s careers
- Linking women to other women and mentors
- Supporting women in mid- and executive-level positions