Utah Women in Higher Education Network (UWHEN) WSU Chapter
Utah Women in Higher Education Network WSU Chapter exists to provide a welcoming community in which all women’s voices are heard and contributions are valued. Our chapter advocates for an inclusive climate that shapes the institutional and public agenda for higher education.
The chapter exists to promote inclusion and leadership roles for women in higher education.
a) Increase the visibility, recognition, and advancement for women in higher education leadership.
b) Promote and support women’s professional and leadership development.
c) Work collaboratively to identify and drive needed change to support female faculty and staff.
d) Create venues for networking as well as venues for amplifying women’s voices, perspectives, and ideas.
e) Cultivate a community in higher education where women are supported and celebrated.
2020 UWHEN Leadership Conference, April 3, 2020.
CALL FOR 2020 LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
The Utah Women in Higher Education Network (UWHEN) is accepting presentation proposals for the 2020 Leadership Conference to be held at Weber State University on Friday, April 3, 2020. Proposals should support the American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network and UWHENmission, as well as the 2020 conference theme. Visit http://uwhen.org/ to learn more about the UWHEN and ACE missions.
This year’s theme: TBA
General Guidelines & Information
- Proposals are due by Friday, January 11, 2020; selected presenters will be notified in February 2020.
- Proposals should be submitted online at https://rmuohp.qualtrics.
- Presentation formats may include a variety of formats, such as panel discussions, interactive workshops, or platforms.
- Each presentation is 50-65 minutes in length and should include time for Q & A.
- Presenters are expected to site current literature and best practices.
- Topics should be relevant to staff, faculty, and/or administrators; however, they do not have to address all three populations at once.
- Presenters do not have to be of a specific gender, nor do they have to be employed at a higher education institution.
- Presenters are encouraged to provide resource materials to UWHEN to make available to others via the UWHEN website after the event, including slide decks, handouts, websites, and citations.
Selected presenters will receive complimentary attendance to the conference, including conference meals. Presenters understand and give permission for UWHEN to photograph, film, or stream the presenter and his or her content for educational and promotional purposes.
For further assistance or questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2019 Utah Women in Higher Education Network, All rights reserved.
Click to unsubscribe from this list.