Clear the Air Challenge
The Clear the Air Challenge is a month long and statewide competition where local businesses, universities, and communities compete to reduce emissions in the month of February. The challenge encourages you to reduce your vehicle emissions, improve air quality and reduce traffic congestion in Utah by driving less and driving smarter.
Students have the chance to compete internally against other WSU divisions where they can win prizes and a trophy as a result.
Participate in the Clear the Air Challenge
To participate, visit the Clear the Air Challenge website cleartheairchallenge.org
Create a New Account
If you have not created an account:
- Go to travelwisetracker.com
- Click the “register” button and follow the steps, as instructed
- Join team “Weber State” and select “Weber State Students” as your sub-group. You will need to select both in order for your entries to be counted properly.
Start logging your trips and see the emissions you save while entering to win prizes!
If you have participated in the past, and already have an account:
- Log in on the Travel Wise Tracker: travelwisetracker.com
- Click on your name on the upper right hand corner of the dashboard
- Click “edit profile” in the upper left of the dashboard
- Select “my Networks” from the left hand navigation
- Join team “Weber State”
- Pick a subgroup to ensure we have some great competition!
- If you are a student: “Weber State Students” (even if you are a student emplyee on campus, pick student)
- If you are faculty or staff: select your correct division
Need Help Creating an Account?
If you need help signing up or logging trips, there will be available informational sessions hosted by Environmental Ambassadors:
Building D3 in room 230
January 30 & 31
Shepherd Union Computer Lab
for general questions for Clear the Air, contact Kyia Hill: email@example.com | 801-626-6539
For Employee Wellness questions, contact Raeanna Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-626-6480
Why should I participate?
Utah’s air quality is an issue year-round. Poor air quality is harmful to our health, our communities, our environment, and our future.
According to the Department of Air Quality, if Wasatch Front drivers were to park their vehicles for just one day per week, emissions would decrease by 6,500 tons per year. In addition, the average Utah traveler covers a distance of 298 miles per week. Yet, only 25 percent of Utah travel is for commuters. This means that all drivers directly contribute to the pollution that affects our air quality.
Weber State University is encouraging all of our students, faculty and staff to participate in the challenge throughout the month of February. You can save trips by riding public transportation, combining trips, biking, walking or carpooling whenever possible. Trips will be logged into a tracker to calculate the vehicle emissions reduced by using smarter travel strategies. In order to encourage some friendly competition, Student Wellness is partnering with Sustainability and Employee Wellness to challenge students against employees.
To encourage participation, students have three different chances to win prizes each week! Prizes include $25 gift cards to local businesses such as: Lucky Slice, Even Stevens, Megaplex, and more. When it comes to the end of the challenge, the top three individual performers will win the GRAND PRIZES up to $75 in value!
Ways you can win:
- Log your trips on travelwisetracker.com and you will automatically be entered in a random drawing.
- Each time you log a trip, it counts as an entry which increases your chances to win!
- Post on social media on how you are tackling the challenge by using the hashtag #ClearTheAirWSU
- You will then be entered into a random drawing!
- At the end of each week, the top individual who saves the most emissions will also win a prize!
Wildcat Center 210 | 801-626-7524 | email@example.com |